My last GS story… for now anyway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last GS story… for now anyway.

Well you may have noticed I had my GS for sale and I have officially sold it. I no longer own a GS so I might get kicked off the site. But I do have a brand new Honda Shadow Aero, fun to ride but not zippy like the GS was.

Here is the story of selling my GS. (It has a happy ending.)

I had listed it on Craig’s list and here on GSR. I got a few emails and two calls. One call was from a gentleman in NC who asked a lot of questions about the bike. He said he doesn’t know anything about bikes but he has a boss who lives in Orlando and he was looking to find a bike for him. The story goes like this. His boss owned a 1982 GS1100G, which he loved. His 20-year-old son ended up totaling the bike in a crash without getting badly injured, which is by far the most important thing. His boss really missed that bike so he thought he would see if he could find one for him. My bike is a 1980 GS1000G and he asked is it similar to what his was. I told him I wasn’t sure but that I thought it should be at least somewhat close to the same style of bike. He then told me he was going to take up a collection at work to pay for it. He was also going to check with his boss’s wife to get her input.

He was going to surprise him but decided it would be best to show him the listing and pictures first, and also have him see the bike, which he did. He made an appointment, they both came by yesterday. His boss rode the bike and said it was just like his other one. He also mentioned that he thought it was in great shape and he was very excited to be back on a GS. 30 minutes later they took off back to Orlando with the bike.

Isn’t that a nice GS story?

I have to give thanks to all of you GSR’s for being so nice and helpful during my GS days. I’m sure I’ll stop in from time to time to see what’s new and exciting. You never know. Maybe my employees will buy me one someday. I can dream can’t I?

Thanks again,
    Steve

Cool Story. :-D
    You won't be GSless forever, you'll come back sooner or later.

Comment

Glad That Worked Out the Way it Did for The New Owner and You. You're Welcome Welcome to Hang Around and Maybe He will Show as Well. He MUST be a Really Good Guy becaule Most of My Bosses, Past and Present wouldn't get enough Donations for an Oil Change, Much Less a Bike!
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

you're still allowed to stay, how else will you find your next GS

Comment

Did anyone tell the new owner about this site???

Any boss good enough to his employees to merit this deserves to be one of us.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Great story. There is no need to leave the site. We're not sticky about having to own a GS here. All you really need is an interest in motorycles. :-)

Earl
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Steve,

You'll find out that you just can't do without a GS. Great story. He must be a Great boss.............

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I knew you good people wouldn't kick me off the site. I'll visit from time to time.

Comment

Sure hope you you pointed the new owner to the site, he sounds like the sort of bloke we need

Comment

Working...
                  X