Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the hootest temperature you have ridden in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the hootest temperature you have ridden in.

Without trying to hijack Catmans post(which I have found really interesting) was wondering what are some of the hottest temperatures you have ridden in.

Today it was 42degC or about 107degF in my hometown.

Cheers Brenno
    Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2006, 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hootest? Is that something like the most Hooters bars you have stopped at on a single ride? -jk
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
        Hootest? Is that something like the most Hooters bars you have stopped at on a single ride? -jk
        Now there's an idea for an New England ride.
        Manchester NH to Burlington VT\\/
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
          Now there's an idea for an New England ride.
          Manchester NH to Burlington VT\\/
          We can call it the "Hotters 125" run.

I remember one July morning it was 79F at 4:30 AM !!!!! For the first time ever I rode to work in a Tee shirt. The ride home at 3:30 PM was like a hot hair dryer blowing in my body and face. It was 97F on the way home.

Comment

Not sure. It was somewhere north of 100 this year during a 4.5 hour ride up to Wellesley Island.

Comment

The Heat index was 105* when I left for the JoJo Rally last August. Not a Hooter's in Sight though!:-D
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

118F or so...

I used to wear a Levi Jacket and soak it with with water every half hour or so, jeans too. Turn myself into a human swamp cooler. It's really not that uncomfortable until you come to a stop. You have to be careful going cross country, if you run out of drinking water you will die.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Large breasted women work at Hooters, but where do the one-legged women work?
                  IHOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    :-D :-D Yeah something like that Jethro.Sorry about the spelling mistake guys but it does add some interest..

Brenno:-D

Comment

I think Mark Wins. Hootest AND Hottest!:-D
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Riding home from the "1ST Annual" Western States GSR Rally in July. It was 105 F after I came over the Sierra's. Felt like I was riding through a blast furnace. 150 miles of hell. I stopped in Tracy. Found a shady spot behind a shell station to rest (me and the bike). I kept thinking, "it will be better over the next hill,...the next hill,...the next...

That was the first day of a 12 day heat wave. My 1100 made it through like a champ. Thank goodness for oil coolers! I was soaked with sweat, and lost 6 pounds over that weekend.

Comment

I think it snuck up on 100 here a few times this past summer. Gets hot in all that gear. I miss sweating my ass off on the bike. I'm freezing right now and the bike is still apart.
                          I think I'll go work on it.

Comment

:-D
                            Originally posted by Grand Rouge
                            Hottest for me Stove Pipe Wells, Death Valley CA 118 degrees....according to a sheltered out door thermometer at the gas station / general store.....Mid July, 1996. Rode from Las Vegas NV via Death Valley to Bishop CA and return....3 days......on my 83 GS1100ED. Bike was naked....I wanted to be.....

lol :-D :-D

Comment

115 degrees F last summer. I want to take a ride out to Death Valley next year. It's about a six hour drive.
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                              X