another crash story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another crash story

Just bought a bike (gs 550l) after 15 years (last bike was 550e)away from motorcycling, this is the reason why. It was a summer night in 91 and i had just left a friends house, about half a mile from home droped into a corner and just as i did i got a blow out on the front wheel. I remember the next few minutes(hours) like yesterday, everything seemed to happen so slowly. The bike kicked and i was thrown over the top and plastered onto a field gate on the side of the road, my foot went through the bottom rung of the gate. i can still see the bike comin towards me spinning. The bike hit me in the chest and knocked the gate, with my foot still through the bottom rung. When the world stopped spinning the first thing i thought was , i dont think im dead. Then the pain set in, my right foot was turned completly the wrong way, the bike was on top of me and i couldnt move with the pain. The road i lived on was a very quiet road with very little traffic, it was 7 hours before a car came and found me. I was brought to hospital, broke bones in my foot and tore the flesh of them ( still give me trouble)and from leg. was bruised from head to toe but had no other broken bones. After 6 months put the bike back on the road but just couldnt get a kick from biking anymore. Sold the bike, got married, had kids, and for the next 14 years never really thought much about getting another bike. Then a friend of mine bought a 92 gsx750 in bits and restored it. While this wasnt my type of bike i spent a fair bit of time helping him with it and ended up getting the bug again. So the search was on, the only bike i wanted was a gs 550. I ended up buying a 550l in good condition, it is currently getting a respray and a few other bits and pieces. I hope to be on the road for April, this bike will be for sunny sundays only, and i cant wait.

Kudos to you for returning to the sport.

Brad bt

Comment

Welcome back! Looks as if you've got the worst of it behind you. Sounds like a miserable way to crash but better than the alternative? Keep it on two wheels and enjoy the new 2 U bike come April, maybe earlier :-D !! BOL!

Comment

wow

Glad you're back - (& still here for that matter)
        What a story. Glad you're ok!

Comment

Glad to see that you came back to riding. Uhhh, next time, only do that in front of an open gate. LOL

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X