Rebuild almost done.... Making room for the GS1000S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuild almost done.... Making room for the GS1000S

I am finishing up my 1982 KZ1000R1 Eddie Lawson Replica. I am hurrying to finish so I can free up the lift for the Wes Cooley Replica. As soon as the KZ is done it will take its place back in the living room. This is the bike I destroyed last Labor Day weekend coming back from a cruise in. I spent two months in the hospital and everyday wishing I was putting it back together.

I'm really excited about getting to the GS. As soon as its finished it will also reside in the living room. (Shrine) I will ride both occasionally but will reserve the right to keep them perfect as they should be...

The Shrine:

Richard Z.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2007, 01:04 PM. Reason: added pic

:shock: [-o<
    That is one awesome shrine! I think I might join to your religion. So I take it every Sunday we would pray to the bikes and then ride them right?

Comment

Man,

You have a big living room.:-D

thatdood

Comment

Just curious: are you married? If so what does the wife think of the living room shrine? ;-)

Comment

oh yeah, dibs on the Triumph.

Comment

Cool. My wife only lets me keep one bike in the house and it's not my ELR.
            She like the YSR50 so much that it hangs from the ceiling in the family room

Comment

Z1R's kick butt!!!
              I love mine,but yours is super nice!!!!!
              glad you are getting it back togather\\/

Comment

Damn! That is quite a nice quiver you have there.

Officially jealous!
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I'm thinkn the dinning room table will have to go.... Just wait til the waterbuffalo (1972 GT750J) gets to come in the house.

Yes, I'm single.....I have two children that live with me.... The girlfriend suggested storing the bikes in the living room when I griped about not having enough room in the garage. I'm considering replacing the stairs to the second level with a ramp.

Not much time to work on the bikes. I did get to go riding this weekend. I put some mile on the Guzzi and the Triumph....

Richard Z.

Comment

Originally posted by paintmann111 View Post
                    oh yeah, dibs on the Triumph.
                    Speaking of the Triumph..... That is a 1999 Sprint ST 955 triple. Out of the 20 bikes I've owned all these years, the Sprint, hands down, is the best of them all. Fast, Smooth, Comfortable, Reliable, Fun. I can play on it. I can put the bags on it and take long trips. It gets noticed at bike runs. It gets great gas mileage. I ride it to work everyday weather permitting. I don't have any complaints about it. Thats probably why it is parked the closest to the door.

Richard Z.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Its Done... Can I go to Bed Now???

Its done, and has found its place in the living room...
                      Now I have to get busy with the tear down of the GS1000S Wes Cooley Replica. There are a lot fewer available parts for the GS1000S available than the ELR. So it might take some time to put back together..

ELR Pics....

Richard Z.

Comment

Nice Lookin Ride, Man.

Comment

Great collection Richard! And it's nice to know that you'll ride them occasionally!:-D

Brad bt

Comment

Working...
                          X