ride texas ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ride texas ride

I live in texas,pilot Point to be exact.Ride texas is a magazine dedicated to articles on the best riding roads in texas.I was pleasantly surprised higwya 455 was number 2.especially since i live 3 blocks from the start of it.it goes from Anna on one end to Montague on the other,about 90 miles one way in all.I have ridden every inch,and the 15 miles or so by my house,crossing the beautiful lake ray roberts dam and lake and then ending for me in sanger texas and going to Babe's restaurant is like nirvana.I am not sure what nirvana means,i always wanted ot use it in a sentence.Anyhow,if you are anywhere near this cool road,ride it,you will love it.the part from celina to Anna is more suited to knee draggers.Lots of compound curves and switchback areas.Ron b.80 gs 1000L.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Nirvāṇa :

It is a mode of being that is free from mind-contaminants (Kilesa) such as lust, anger or craving. It is thus a state where all passions and emotions are stilled – the end of suffering, or Dukkha. The Buddha in the Dhammapada says of Nirvāṇa that it is "the highest happiness". This is not the sense-based happiness of everyday life, nor the concept of happiness as interpreted by Western culture, but rather an enduring, transcendental happiness integral to the calmness attained through enlightenment.

I'm glad you live so close to Nirvana Ron. Lots of people are looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
      I live in texas,pilot Point to be exact.Ride texas is a magazine dedicated to articles on the best riding roads in texas.I was pleasantly surprised higwya 455 was number 2.especially since i live 3 blocks from the start of it.it goes from Anna on one end to Montague on the other,about 90 miles one way in all.I have ridden every inch,and the 15 miles or so by my house,crossing the beautiful lake ray roberts dam and lake and then ending for me in sanger texas and going to Babe's restaurant is like nirvana.I am not sure what nirvana means,i always wanted ot use it in a sentence.Anyhow,if you are anywhere near this cool road,ride it,you will love it.the part from celina to Anna is more suited to knee draggers.Lots of compound curves and switchback areas.Ron b.80 gs 1000L.
      Ditto, except I live in Caddo Mills which means I am a little bit more than 3 blocks from "the start of it". Seems I rode right by your house Ron. I would have been the black blurrrr going by yelling "YIPEEEEEE!"\\/\\/ (both ways . . . .)

Comment

Where can I pick up the magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by gotjeepzj View Post
          it can be found at legitimate book and magazine stores across Texas.

Ride Texas is now available free at these locations. Supplies are limited. Due to a miscommunication, we will not be at TX Travel Information Centers. Kerrville CVB Jefferson Convention and

Comment

barnes and noble and te like?

Comment

I'm on my second subscription (for 3 years this time). Careful though, it may cause an insatiable desire to go places \\/. I got my first copy at a Kroger magazine stand. Just get a subscription. Its worth every penny.

Comment

I used to live in McKinney.... and the "ex" still lives in Melissa.... have lots of old friends scattered around from Anna to Allen and Plano.... cool area!!

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                  Nirvāṇa :

It is a mode of being that is free from mind-contaminants (Kilesa) such as lust, anger or craving. It is thus a state where all passions and emotions are stilled – the end of suffering, or Dukkha. The Buddha in the Dhammapada says of Nirvāṇa that it is "the highest happiness". This is not the sense-based happiness of everyday life, nor the concept of happiness as interpreted by Western culture, but rather an enduring, transcendental happiness integral to the calmness attained through enlightenment.

I'm glad you live so close to Nirvana Ron. Lots of people are looking for it.
                  Kinda like you feel when your last kid moves out?
                  future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
                    Ditto, except I live in Caddo Mills which means I am a little bit more than 3 blocks from "the start of it". Seems I rode right by your house Ron. I would have been the black blurrrr going by yelling "YIPEEEEEE!"\\/\\/ (both ways . . . .)
                    i will look for you next time!

Comment

i found one at albertsons grocery store,but i have seen them in any book store.They arent hard to find.

Comment

barnes and noble and te like?
                        yes.b and n are one of my favorite places to hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                          I used to live in McKinney.... and the "ex" still lives in Melissa.... have lots of old friends scattered around from Anna to Allen and Plano.... cool area!!
                          Well JJ,if you aint rode it,ride it.You will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
                            i will look for you next time!
                            We'll have to go sometime soon. I actually stopped in Denton and spent the afternoon at my sister's house that day. Babes? Chicken place? Mmmmmmm . . . . chicken . . . . . maybe I stopped too soon ? I like chicken. Mainly cause, it actually tastes like CHICKEN.

Comment

Working...
                            X