Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get started.... Wow! Where to begin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get started.... Wow! Where to begin?

1979 GS1000SN Wes Cooley Replica. Frame # GS1000-524911 Engine # GS1000-139288 If anybody has some spare time, I'd appreciate the information on production.
    Ok, Its on the lift and I've taken some inventory. It's not good. I've started with much better. But, with the lack of production of this particular bike, it's going to be rough. Even rougher than the Eddie Lawson I just finished.

First the Good:
    Its real. I've heard many different #'s of production maybe under 600.
    Good Title
    Its mostly all there. Including the Original Exhaust.
    There are several models in which part interchange is possible.
    Engine turns over.
    There is information out there, mostly here. Thats good...

The BAD.
    List is very LONG. I'll do the short version.
    This bike was previously butchered. It had a complete set of Vetter fron and rear hardware. Brown hard luggage. Some people shouldn't own motorcycles....
    Headlight Assembly = Gone
    Gauge Bezel = Cut up
    Fuel Tank = Junk
    Needs Everything. Disassembled, cleaned, overhauled, rebuilt, painted, polished, rechromed etc. Now for the pics:

And the best. The key fob that came with it.....

Wish me luck.

On an unrelated topic. I took the KZ1000R1 Eddie Lawson Replica to its first show last weekend. About 80 bikes. Tons of leather, tassles and chrome. Couple of cool Ducati's The ELR won "Best Stock" and "Best in Show"

Richard Z.

Congrats on the ELR. Looks very nice. If anyone can bring back the WC its you. Good luck !
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I can't help with the info, but you have a sweet stable of bikes there. Very nice work on that KZ1000R1. Welcome to the GSR.

Comment

Love the paint on that Eddie Lawson, it reminds me of the Hartford Whalers

Comment

You know how to pick your bikes, those are two of the coolest ever. Good luck on your project.

Comment

Good taste in bikes

Very nice job on the Kawasaki. I am working on a 1980 GS1000S, had a 79 that I bought new back then. (Wife doesn't know that I want a 79 also to complete the set, will deal with that when the time comes. Will be very interested in your progress, on this bike so keep posting!!

Production numbers of about 600 in 1979 and 400 in 1980 stick in my head for some reason but I do not know for sure.

Bill
            1980 GS1000S - Not running now, but just wait
            ....http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/wtsmith_95630/

Comment

Keep at it. The 1000S is already becoming a collectors item. If you do decide to give up on it, please let me know. :-D

Comment

Working...
              X