Bike running very badly GS750E/ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike running very badly GS750E/ES

My bike started acting real funny today.
    It would stall and then not start right away. I did get it running and at different times it would start to die. It took awhile but I got it started and then it died when starting out in first gear. I got it going again and started out and it acted like it was running out of gas. It had over 1/4 of a tank, but I barely made it to a nearby gas station and filled it up. It ran the same - barely. I can't tell if one or both of the plugs are bad, the coils are bad, the fuel is blocked, or if something else is causing it to be very erratic on running. At times it would be great, then all of a sudden stall or act like it was not getting spark or gas - skipping and the engine would stop. If I was going along I would downshift and then pop the clutch after it stalled and it would run again. It was bad at stop signs and at red lights. Sometimes it would start up and then stall when I started to go, other times it would be dead and would not start for a minute or two. I would push it to the side of the road, then start it up and try to go again. Other times it ran normal and would idle fine. What could possibly be causing this kind of intermittent problem? I am almost afraid to try and ride it again. I don't want to be stranded somewhere. I don't have any way to get home, if it fails to start up or run again. Should I just start by replacing the spark plugs, maybe the coils, or check all the carbs for bad jets or clogged lines or bad fuel?? What could it be? It really has me baffled. Anyone have any ideas??

Hi Bikeman982,

Welcome to the forum. You can get all of the help you could ever need here, however, you need to post this type of question in the technical area. You will get plenty of help.

Before posting, you can also search the technical section with some keywords like stalling and you will find similar posts and possibley find your answers.

My 2 cents, with four carbs, I doubt you would get that type of complete failure with a carb problem. Likely ignition problems.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X