Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you shouldn't ride on a blad tire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 months IS my season!

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
      5 months IS my season!
      12 months here!! I ride as long as it isn't snowing!:-D I think I had 3 weeks this year where conditions weren't good for riding.\\/ But I have a very short commute to work and the bike gets parked indoors at the job.:-D

Brad bt

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar View Post
        12 months here!! I ride as long as it isn't snowing!:-D I think I had 3 weeks this year where conditions weren't good for riding.\\/ But I have a very short commute to work and the bike gets parked indoors at the job.:-D

Brad bt
        HaEt!

Comment

Not singling anyone out with this comment...................

THE MOST INCREDIBLY, INEXCUSABLy DUMB THING YOU CAN DO WITH A MOTORYCLE IS RIDE IT WITH OLD, HARD, OR WORN OUT, BALD TIRES. If you cant afford to buy tires, dont ride. If you cant afford the tires, you definitely cant afford the emergency room or funeral arrangements.

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

When do you know it's time for a change? Is there a way to check the depth?I now have 6000 on my tires and they look really good with deep tread left.I always keep them inflated properly and there is no indication of cupping or excessive tread wear.Just wondering.

Comment

If you look at the tread/grooves on the centerline of the tire, about every 12 inches or so of the circumference, you will find a rubber
              bridge that will be flush when the tire is considered worn out. usually, that will be when there appears to be about 3/32nds of an inch of tread left.

Earl

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
              When do you know it's time for a change? Is there a way to check the depth?I now have 6000 on my tires and they look really good with deep tread left.I always keep them inflated properly and there is no indication of cupping or excessive tread wear.Just wondering.

Comment

6K I wish I last about 4k & Iam at the Ware Bar. I need to post this in the tech. but will a bent swing arm or a misaligned chain cause low mileage? Things look stright but has a pull to the left.
                Pat

Comment

Yes, those will both accelerate tire wear. More commonly though, the culprit is incorrect tire pressure and usually the problem is too much pressure.

E.

Originally posted by Gravity Tester View Post
                  6K I wish I last about 4k & Iam at the Ware Bar. I need to post this in the tech. but will a bent swing arm or a misaligned chain cause low mileage? Things look stright but has a pull to the left.
                  Pat

Comment

I found the wear indicator on the front but not on the back.I still have over 1/16th" before I get to the indicator and on the back I measured the depth of the tread in the middle groove and have over 1/8" left. I have bridgestone s11's front and rear and keep 36lbs in the back and 32lbs in the front.I only weight 150 fully dressed and dont ever ride passengers so there is not very much weight on these tires when I'm riding.I put all my vetter stuff back on just to soften up the ride too.The new progressive suspension is kinda stiff.

Comment

I put all my vetter stuff back on just to soften up the ride too.The new progressive suspension is kinda stiff.
                      It seems to wear in. Mine is softer now after a few months.

Comment

Earl, don't forget the Armour All.

Best thing to do is to replace the tires before they need to be replaced. I know, I'm being hypocritical, but it really is the best idea. Motorcycle tires have a short life, and a yearly replacement of both tires is the best way to ensure you have good tread.

Brad bt

Comment

Im replacing mine when winter hits and I dont have much to do except tinker with my bike.

Comment

Working...
                          X