Trophy Winning Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Winning Bike

It's official. My GS1100EZ is now a trophy winning bike. I won 1st place in my class, ( Sport bike?), at a local car and bike show 'n shine. :-D The fact that I was the only one in my class helped.....8-[
    The only other bikes were Arlen Nessque type Harley clones.

Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Nice bike!!!!!!!\\/
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

so the corollary to that is that you beat out every other bike in your class, correct?
      Nice looking bike. I really like the lines. \\/

Comment

WOW !! Between yours and Dennydogs 82s mine really looks like....sh........It needs some more work ! \\/
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

good life!

where what did you buyit and push it around!?
          its too clean man get on it start the engine and ride it!

does it go backin the crate when youre finnished pushing it round?

im amazed its prefect.

(i wouldnt ride it till you oil the chain and put oil in it though)

seriosly grt job you deserv it!(trophy)
          marz lang. b.c.

Comment

Ah, shucks guys, thanks for the compliments. The bike actually looks a lot better in pictures. If you were to see it in person you would find all sorts of flaws. 8-[ And it's not a garage queen either. It does have almost 66,000km (41,000 miles) on it. A couple of weeks ago I put 600 miles on it just to go to a pool party for a weekend! Yes, I know some of you hardcores put a gazillion miles a year on your bikes, but what I'm trying to get at is I do actually ride the bike, it just doesn't sit and look pretty.

I bought the bike a couple of years ago locally out of an ad I saw in the paper. I couldn't believe the shape it was in, and the guy was telling me how many boxes of Q-Tips he used to clean it! :shock: I couldn't get to the bank quick enough! He was getting rid of it because he wasn't riding it anymore, he had bought a ZRX1200. Now THAT was a tidily bike! :shock:

I had to get the stock exhaust from E-Bay in order to qualify for the collector plate as it had a 4-into-1 exhaust on it when I bought it. I also had to score the correct front master. I had that given to me, but the hardest part was getting it apart so I could rebuild it! Talk about seized!

I've done a few other things such as; fork springs, fork seals, fork bushings, rebuilt rear master, tires, chain and sprockets, petcock, needles and seats, battery, tach cable, clutch cable, and replaced the oil temp. gauge, front left foot peg, shifter rubber, rebuilt cam chain tensioner. I found the case savers at a salvage shop. They were brand new, still in the box! It sounds like a lot, but if you think about it, it's mostly just normal maintenance.
            Last edited by mcycle-nut; 08-29-2007, 10:38 PM.
            Kevin
            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

trophy gs

You are lucky any of the judges even knew what it was!

Comment

Great looking bike Kevin. Please don't take offense, but it's a good thing you were the only one in your class. I've been to these type of shows lots and it's usually a new straight off the show room floor HD with lots of chrome that wins, second place goes to the guy who's girlfriend has the biggest hooters. Even a ratted out HD leaking oil all over place beat out my buddies near perfect '76 stock Trident in the best restoration class. Oh, and that was the only other bike entered. You should post it for BOM some time, us Canadians seems to have taken the last 3 out 4 and yours sure looks worthy of that highly coveted and prestigious award.:-D:-D Maybe you can make it 4 out of 5.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
                https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X