60 mph spill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 mph spill

came off in wet on a strate road rolled off throttle hit a pothole steer went full left i went sliding im ok bike is not
    heres a few pics of damage

im well gutted and annoyed!

i also had to pu**** 3miles to my home with a bad leg
    who says life aint fair lol

heres a few pics of damage

Ouch !

Sorry to hear that .. but glad you are still with us to tell the story ..

Mike

Comment

You are so lucky - you were not only able to walk away but PUSH THE BIKE???

You're alive to tell the story - and that's what counts.

Comment

Glad you are OK! BTW, what were you wearing? Any road rash?
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay. Sad sight to see the damage to the bike. Not to rub salt in your wound, but that's why I like my case guards so much.

I hope you & your bike are road worthy again soon.

Comment

Sorry you lost your ride but you have your health. I went down 2 years ago with my sister-in-law on the back, I tore both sholder rotator cuffs and my Sister-in-Law now has a plastic and metal shoulder. Lots of rehab and pain for both of us. Don't be too annoyed:-D

Comment

the whole thing sucks of course but it's kinda cool how the stator screws are stuck on the rotor. glad you're ok.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Orgis, sorry about the nasty spill, but at 60 mph, you got away with a lot! The damage is bad, but man, it sure could've been a lot worse, both for you and the bike. Glad you're ok.

Comment

Eery to see those pics just as I've completely replacing the Gen cover on mine. I have the crash bars and was at less speed. But I too still have that nagging rotater cuff issue after 2 months.

Glad you're ok.

Comment

Glad that you survived! Parts are replaceable, people are not.

Comment

Originally posted by orgis View Post
                      came off in wet on a strate road rolled off throttle hit a pothole steer went full left i went sliding im ok bike is not
                      Not sure I am understanding how this happened, care to elaborate?
                      You hit a pothole and the bike went left? Skid the front or back wheel, or bad tires lost grip, or something else? Just trying to learn from your mishap.
                      Thanks, and I'm happy you are OK and the bike will soon be.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Any Cra-er-Landing that you can walk away from... :-D

I've had mine too, a lowside in gravel on my Bandit, scrubbed thru the ignition cover. Patched it up with a bit of J-B Weld and rode her 300 miles home.

Of course, I'm an ATGATT proponent...Only injuries sustained thus far in any get-offs was 6 stitches on my right elbow. I was wearing a leather jacket with no CE armor in it...

Comment

Damn, that is very sad !! I would have just junked it and walked away
                          feeling upbeat that I'm still alive and kicking !! No bike is worth a trade-off
                          for any limbs.

Better a cracked case then your head. That is why one should own
                          more than one bike so that when you crack one, you ride another !!

Godspeed your recovery !!

Comment

Mr. orgis,

I wish you a speedy recovery and no lasting symptoms. Thank God you're only slightly injured. I'll keep you in my prayers for a while.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Glad you're ok! Your steed will be back together before you know it, but even if it was a total loss at least YOU came out in good shape!!!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X