A good time to turn around!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good time to turn around!

I picked up a new pair of boots to ride in last night and decided to wear them for a break in ride Today. I have just about exhausted the Roads here so I headed across the Lakes to check out some Roads I heard about in Trugg County. I had a Great Country breakfast and headed down Rockcastle Road to the Little River Arm of Lake Barkley. I soon figured out that ALL the roads there dead end at the Lake or circle back to Rockcastle Road. I ran down KY 272 Almost to Hopkinsville and then headed South toward Fort Campbell and Clarksville Tennessee. I was on a Rural Two lane when I passed through the Small berg of Lafayette KY. About a Mile later I see a sign that says "END of State Maintenance". 200 Yards later I am at the intersection of Patton Drive and Artilery Range Road!:shock: Yeah, I turned around.8-[
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Bet you could find some great Brass caseing's laying around.:shock::shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity Tester View Post
      Bet you could find some great Brass caseing's laying around.:shock::shock:
      True, but they belong to 50,000 or so Men and Women who Jump out of Airplanes and fly Blackhawks for a Living.8-[

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        True, but they belong to 50,000 or so Men and Women who Jump out of Airplanes and fly Blackhawks for a Living.8-[
        LOL for some odd reason that made me think of the cartoons where someone gets shot and all the water they drank pours out of the bullet holes and they stand there with a dumb look on their face!!

Comment

I like "end of maint" signs!

Comment

Typically, the military requires you to "police" all the brass you've consumed on a firing range. This means clean it all up as I'm sure they probably reload. However, when I was "visiting" the National Training Center (NTC) at Fort Irwin, California, I stumbled upon some unexploded 55 mm shells and also a few 20mm's. Apparently our convoy had wandered into an old firing range. The thing that still amazes me is the thought that I picked up one of those 55mm's and we bounced around the desert with it for a few days on the floor of the deuce and a half before I decided to get rid of it. It neved did explode on me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
              Typically, the military requires you to "police" all the brass you've consumed on a firing range. This means clean it all up as I'm sure they probably reload. However, when I was "visiting" the National Training Center (NTC) at Fort Irwin, California, I stumbled upon some unexploded 55 mm shells and also a few 20mm's. Apparently our convoy had wandered into an old firing range. The thing that still amazes me is the thought that I picked up one of those 55mm's and we bounced around the desert with it for a few days on the floor of the deuce and a half before I decided to get rid of it. It neved did explode on me.....

Obviously. We had an Old Civil War era unexploded shell that My Great Aunt found as Vicksburg in our House for Years, some of that time as a Door Stop!:shock: I think My Brother still has it.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
              X