My Roommate Hit My GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Roommate Hit My GS

So it's come to the end of the season and I've done all that I could do to my bike for the season. I had everything exactly the way I wanted it. I finally got my cafe seat looking good, got my exhaust looking the way I wanted it. I was done for the season. Next season was going to be all about performance and engine maintenance. Well that all changed last night when my absent minded roommate backed into my GS and tipped it over. I've got a nice little dent right on the crest of the tank where all three colors meet. I've got a bent foot peg, a crooked gauge cluster, and a broken choke lever. So I guess everything I thought about for next season is shot to $hi+. I go to a lot of motorcycle events and cosmetics are important to me. I'm still amazed at how calm and relaxed I was.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2007, 01:58 AM.

does he have insurance??? if not....REDRUM! REDRUM!!

Comment

NEVERMIND, DON'T Get HER drunk and then whoop HER ass. She's a lady, can't hit a lady
      Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2007, 05:15 AM. Reason: Fixed it

Comment

SHE and I both have insurance, but unfortunately I'm a nice guy. She's gonna pay for the repairs out of pocket. It's easier that way.

Comment

ahhh cant hit a gurl...good one that. Id still be ****ed but such is...its lookin good btw..least untill that lil mishap..

Comment

I do like B&W photos.......but your bike in color is so much better.
            I jumped onto your web site

I'm sure the roomie understands the sweat you've put into this bike and
            will make do. Besides maybe you'll have another idea

You did a really great job on the bike, and should be proud.
            Have you put it in for bike of the month ?
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbane View Post
              my absent minded roommate backed into my GS and tipped it over.
              Bummer ! BTDT. My brother backed into mine. I was lying awake in bed when I heard him start his truck to leave. Thats when I remembered where I parked. Couldnt react fast enough. Sh!t happens. I wont ever park like that again....
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Shouldn't that thread title read "My Roomate (RIP) Hit My GS" ??

Sorry to hear about this setback!

Comment

That's a very nice looking piece of work.
                  My condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
                    That's a very nice looking piece of work.
                    My condolences.
                    I concur with that! That is a very cool looking bike. That says something about the GS's, that you can get modify them and get them looking very cool. A lot of the younger people on this site have done some superb work on their bikes.

Comment

Fvcking awesome cafe' GS! That room mate better be cooking you a lot of dinners and cleaning the crib constantly.

Who's taking your photos? Obviously someone who knows lighting. That's a well lit pic there.
                      Currently bikeless
                      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments and condolences. They are appreciated.

I do enjoy my GS, especially in the motorcycle scene that I'm in. They are a lot of Cafe' bikes around, but everybody is suprised when they see that mine is a GS. I do get a lot of compliments.

As for the photos. I take all of my own photos. Certain days when I'm riding something tells me to take my camera with.

I'm going to get the choke lever and foot peg fixed soon so that I can move it to get it stored, but the bad weather is coming quick, so everything else is going to have to wait until spring. I'll probably just get it out a bit early and try to hit up the shops before the rush comes in.

Again thanks for all of your comments.

Peace

Comment

Last spring I finished my '76 RD 400 mild Cafe. New motor from SC Racing, new shocks, rebuilt forks, air caps, rearsets, DG heads and pipes, it was cool. I rode it early on a Saturday to "Donut Derilicts" last April. Afterwards, I stopped at a local Suzuki dealer to pick up a petcock for my '80 GS 850G.

The sales manager ended up backing into my bike and knocking it over violently. Broke mirrors, turn signals, bent bars, Tweeked pipes, crunched gages, folded headlight ears. The old girl is a mess.

At least the shop said they would make it right.
                          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Last spring I finished my '76 RD 400 mild Cafe. New motor from SC Racing, new shocks, rebuilt forks, air caps, rearsets, DG heads and pipes, it was cool. I rode it early on a Saturday to "Donut Derilicts" last April. Afterwards, I stopped at a local Suzuki dealer to pick up a petcock for my '80 GS 850G.

The sales manager ended up backing into my bike and knocking it over violently. Broke mirrors, turn signals, bent bars, Tweeked pipes, crunched gages, folded headlight ears. The old girl is a mess.

At least the shop said they would make it right. Is been six months looking for parts etc.
                            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                            X