My Suzuki dealer called me a liar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Suzuki dealer called me a liar!

I called the one local Suzuki dealer today to order some new o-rings for my carbs. He asked me what kind of bike I have and I told him a '76 GS750. He went and checked his book and came back and told me he was positive I didn't have a '76. Guess his book said they didn't start production till '77. Anyone else ever had a similar experience? Is there a way to tell the original year from the v/n?

Production to North America actually is called 77...i just bought a 76 head...they did make them but they are all tagged as 77. Idunno why, but thats how it is...lol SO just call him back and tell him you have a 76, the title says so, but the bike is the same as the 77 in his book.

Comment

BTW...you might be better off getting them from www.cycleorings.com Robbert Barr is a member here on the forum..he sells high quality rings, and they are probably going to be considerably cheaper than your dealer..i dunno bout shipping costs to Canada, but i bought my whole set, plus intake boot rings and new allen head bolts for my boots from him and i think i spent less than 15 bucks all total..

Comment

Anthony,
        As the C Kid suggests, get your rings from Robert. With the "fat" Canuck buck you might be somewhere around $20/ $25 if you get a set of the Allen head bolts for the carb boots, the big o-rings and the carb kit.

Good to support a brother and you'll be sure of the right thing. The dealer will likely hose you and they'll probably be on back order anyway.

Took about a week or so to turn up but well worth it.

Cheers,
        Spyug.

Comment

I checked out cycleorings and they don't have the ones I need. I need the ones for the float needle seats. They're more like small gasket washers. I found them at z1enterprises and they were only $0.72 each, till I went to order them and they wanted $33.50 for international shipping, yeah right. So I got the guy here to order them, should be here next week. Thanks for the tips though.

Comment

My local Suzuki dealer laughed at me the first time I went in there to get parts, and I have not been back since and never will go back for anything. He is also a Yamaha dealer.

Greg O

Comment

z1

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
              I found them at z1enterprises.
              I recently bought a Pingel fuel valve and a couple filters from Z1.
              It was my first order. I couldn't believe how fast the shipping was.

Comment

Roberts set includes the inlet valve seats (I think that's another way of saying float needle seats or at least that's where I fitted them!!).....

Dan
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have worked in Suzuki spare parts for eight of the last ten years.
                  All Japanese manufacturers begin the following year model's production as of July of the previous year, so if your build date is 7/** it is the following year model.

Dink

Comment

Working...
                  X