1985 GS700/750ES found on side of road Parts bargin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS700/750ES found on side of road Parts bargin

So here I was driving down the road 2-3 hrs to work site, and decide to pull off a a local bike/car/snowmobile shop... Just looking around.. I ask the guy if he knows of any salvage shops?? No but what ya looking for he says!
    I tell him the long/short $75.00 winter project bike and still need a few parts to complete. I tell him the model as he tells me he has a PARTS (almost complete) Red and White (same as mine) GS700 (he thinks)2 miles right down the street.... My hopes and list for needed part is high.

Low and behold A GS750ES with LOTS of good parts (you could almost restore it,better condition then mine)
    First things first $100 and the whole bikes mine TEMPTING but no just need some odds and ends.

Heres what I got for $40.00 and could have got more.
    (and proably will, Great looking tires in good shape I think I'll go back and pick them up).

1.Almost cherry Gage Cluster in excelent shape.
    2.Stator side cover with stator and note scratched.
    3.Front brake lever and switch,
    4.Front stainless brake lines.. (sweet)
    5.Kickside stand switch... (like I really need it)
    6.Rear swing-arm alum end caps (hard to find)
    7.Two front turn signals in decent shape...(not cracked)
    8.Two rear lens only in decent shape..
    9.Plastic beauty bumper near the key switch (Fits kinda sorta)
    10.various other needed screws/bolts...
    \\/

Not bad !!! If anyone needs to get some parts off this bike before I get them or the guy gets ride of it just e-mail me here and all see If I could get the guy.. 2.5 hrs from me.

700es

Rkt-Rch, PM sent.
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X