Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirrored and or heavily smoked visors may not be a good idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely, and experience will verify that. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by jola View Post

Anyways, I remember learning at the MSF course that eye contact means absolutely nothing as people can look you straight in the eye and still ignore your presence.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

The guy was an idiot for cutting you off, and he should have let you know his intentions. People like that are basically the downfall of society, IMHO.
      I am shopping for a smoked visor myself. Not too dark. I used to wear polarized glasses, but after a little mishap I had, no more. They were one of the contributing factors of flying through the air.
      Here's something I found on the web:

Why don't pilots wear polarized sunglasses?

There is some debate on the effects of polarized lenses on certain surfaces.

We find that they're not satisfactory for sports such as downhill skiing because they may not provide the contrast the eye needs to distinguish ice patches and changes in the terrain quickly. The same logic may apply to motorcycle riders and slick spots on pavement. Without the glare created by the shine of a slick or oily road surface, a motorcyclist may not see a road hazzard.

Also a polarized filter will sometimes react with windshield lamination and tinting (as well as aircraft canopies) to create blinds spots and make it difficult to read LCD instrumentation. We'd suggest a non-polarized lens if you spend a lot of time biking, skiing or flying.

~~~ I have found Polarized glasses are great for kayaking, but riding a motorcycle with the shield made it like I was on mushrooms or something.8-[
      Very wavy, rainbow effects, etc. You cannot see certain things until you are right on them, which can prove to be dangerous. Such as tar snakes, obstructions in the road, etc, etc...
      I am for the shield because of this. Do what you wish, however. And as far as people who wear mirrored shields, maybe we're better off!*:-D Just be careful....

Comment

Originally posted by JTsGS650 View Post
        No turn signal + cutting in front of you = Idiot
        +1

Nothing to do with a shield.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
        X