Pingel petcock .. reserve is in the middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel petcock .. reserve is in the middle

Recently bought a little Kawasaki Ninja .. with a manual petcock.

On it .. the RUN position (I was told) is the center position of the lever.

After not riding my Pingel equipped 1100 for a while .. my feeble mind transferred that information to it.

Coming home from the Red River Rally, I filled up down there and when arriving home I neglected to top off as I normally would do.

This morning .. riding to work .. I noticed that I had big miles on the trip odometer ..

Shortly after .. I turned into my workplace .. to hear the engine die.

In my driveway .. I noticed .. the little RES stamped into the PINGEL.

Lesson learned

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
    Recently bought a little Kawasaki Ninja .. with a manual petcock.

On it .. the RUN position (I was told) is the center position of the lever.

After not riding my Pingel equipped 1100 for a while .. my feeble mind transferred that information to it.

Coming home from the Red River Rally, I filled up down there and when arriving home I neglected to top off as I normally would do.

This morning .. riding to work .. I noticed that I had big miles on the trip odometer ..

Shortly after .. I turned into my workplace .. to hear the engine die.

In my driveway .. I noticed .. the little RES stamped into the PINGEL.

Lesson learned

All the Pingels I have had and the one now on my GS450 are lever forward Off. Lever in the middle RESERVE. Lever to the rear ON

Earl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Ok now... why, pray tell, are you neglecting that beautiful, Pingle equipped 1100? You bring it back now!!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
      X