went down a week ago :shrug:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went down a week ago :shrug:

So it finally happened. I went on a ride through the twisties for an hour and a half....took a half hour break, then my friends and I headed back to the mountains. On the first turn, I fixated HARD...kept going straight, hit the dirt, and went down at about 30-40 mph. it's hard to explain, but I felt almost like I was hypnotized by the dirt. Anyway, other than a little whiplash and sore shoulders, nothing happened to me. The bike got a little beat up, but this gives me the opportunity to put on a Nighthawk front end, the new tank i am working on. All I have to say is that had it not been for the gear, especially the full face helmet, I would have been in real trouble. As it stands now, I'll be riding in a couple of weeks.

I know I am a very new rider, with only a few weeks of experience, and a long technical ride was probably not the smartest idea, but I thought I could do it and I am willing to build to that level soon.

Luckily you didn't get badly hurt.The trick is to learn a liitle something from all this.Although,if you are anything like me ,you'll have a few more spills before the message sinks in.Hope you get off just as lightly next time.Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

If you haven't read them already, read Street Strategies/Proficient Motorcycling/More Proficient Motorcycling.
      The knowledge I gleaned from them has definitely saved my butt & bike more than once.

Comment

Working...
      X