Accident on the freeway with pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accident on the freeway with pic

After 39 years of straping things onto the back of a motorcycle I finally lost a load from my bike on the freeway.
    I was on the way to my step-grandsons birthday party.
    I had his present, card, my jacket with my camera in the pocket strapped to the rear luggage rack. I was in a freeway construction area when I lost my load.
    I got off at the next exit, turned around, had to go about 5 miles back to be able to get back on again. the freeway had concrete barriars lining the freeway when the construction is. The present and card were gone. the jacket with camera where still there.
    Heres the pic of the camera:

Damm I loved that camera
    Canon PowerShot A630

Bummer !!

At least it was just material things that are easily replaced and not you.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Better the camera than you!

Comment

that stinks

I rode home from the hardware store on Saturday with my new purchase of a slow-closing toilet seat, tied with twine to the back of my 550.

After about 5 miles it flew off. I was able to make a u-turn within a hundred yards or so (safely... country highway) and park the bike, run across the road and get my purchase before it got run over. it was close, but we made it.

slow-closing toilet seat now installed... it's pretty cool.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
          that stinks

I rode home from the hardware store on Saturday with my new purchase of a slow-closing toilet seat, tied with twine to the back of my 550.

After about 5 miles it flew off. I was able to make a u-turn within a hundred yards or so (safely... country highway) and park the bike, run across the road and get my purchase before it got run over. it was close, but we made it.

slow-closing toilet seat now installed... it's pretty cool.
          Wow! I bet you're happy nobody used it before you got back!
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by jtmcculloch View Post
            Heres the pic of the camera:

Damm I loved that camera
            Canon PowerShot A630
            A little JB and some duct tape...she'll be good as new.
            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

JT,

Did you find the memory card ?

I have similar pictures of my Cannon 560, although not as bad condition as yours. I dropped the camera off bike at 35mph. Well, more specifiaccly the strap got caught on something and I ended up throwing the camera up and over my shoulder. I saw it (in mirror) bounce and spinn about 4 times before it went out of sight off side of road. Went back and found camera - case was popped open, circuit boards exposed and hanging loose. I pushed the circuit board back in place, and snapped the case halfs back together. Batterys and memory card were missing, so I looked again and found them. Is banged up on 4 corners, have to tape the battery compartment closed, but have used it reliably for the 12 months since then.

So my Cannon PowerShot survived being banged around. Looks like yours was run over.

PlaneCrazy Steve took the picture of my camera for me.

Last edited by Redman; 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yes - it was run over.
                The camera was in a zipped up pocket in my jacket so all parts are there.

As far as the jacket goes - it has some road rash and is dirty but nothing a good wash won't fix. it was an old "First Gear" jacket

Bought a replacement camera last night.
                Canon PowerShot SX110is
                9 mega pixal
                10x power optical zoom
                4x digital zoom
                total 40X zoom

Comment

They just dont make cameras like they used to. Remember when a camera was a steel box and weighed 5 lbs. A couple of cars hitting one didnt do a thing except dent the cars. Damn plastic crap.

Earl
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    They just dont make cameras like they used to. Remember when a camera was a steel box and weighed 5 lbs. A couple of cars hitting one didnt do a thing except dent the cars. Damn plastic crap.

Earl
                    showing your age now earl, was it an old bakalite thing with gunpowder for a flash? lol
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Ive always wanted to see the inside of a power-shot Thanks.

Can I ask why your First Gear Jacket was tied to your bike & not being worn ?

Pat

Comment

what did your jacket look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity Tester View Post
                          Ive always wanted to see the inside of a power-shot Thanks.

Can I ask why your First Gear Jacket was tied to your bike & not being worn ?

Pat
                          Lucky he wasn't wearing it, didn't you hear what he said - IT GOT RUN OVER!!!

Comment

hahaha Zooks lol

..... you guys make me chuckle

Comment

Should have bought that camera from best buy with a warrente. They will replace it when you drop it.

Comment

Working...
                              X