Yet another epic fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another epic fail

In Vermont it has been raining at some point every day for the last week and a half. As a newbie with about 50 miles of riding experience I have been waiting patiently for a sunny day to ride again. I have been checking the weather channel at least five times a day to see if anything has changed. Today was finaly the day. I keep my bike stored inside at work in case some of us want to go for a ride at lunchtime. I was excited driving in this morning thinking about the cruise home and the nice ride tomorrow morning before anyone else is on the road. About 1 mile from work I realized the horrible truth: my helmet and jacket were still at home! I said a few colorful words and almost turned around and made the 26 mile trip back to the house. I would have been over an hour late to work so I just kept on going. Needless to say I was in a crappy mood all day and spent most of my time daydreaming about the ride that could of been. From now on the PPE stays where the bike is.
    As Murphy's Law would have it, it will be raining the rest of the week. Maybe I will go in early and get in a little ride before I have to start the work day. Let's see if I can remember the camera so I can finaly put up some pics of the bike.

This "epic failure" thing must be lingo from a younger generation. But for an older guy like me, its hard to understand how forgetting your riding coat and helmet would be considered an "epic failure". A PIA maybe.

Anyway, hope the good rides come soon.

Comment

I thought it said "Epic fall".
      Good you didn't do that.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

HA! The motorcycle gods smiled on me today and the rain will not be here for a couple of days. Remembered the PPE today and had an awesome ride home. Nice and sunny, 70 degrees, and low traffic. The ride to work tomorrow will probably be in the 30s or 40s but I don't care, I am falling in love with motorcycling and any chance to ride is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          I thought it said "Epic fall".
          Good you didn't do that.
          An Epic Fall would be like falling down a "never ending shaft"...Or like when your kids are playing with matchbox cars and pretend that they wreck off a cliff, and fall forever

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" *takes a breath* "aaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Comment

Working...
          X