No announcement yet.

Crahed my bike today...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good to hear you're alright. What safety gear were you wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
      Damn, Dan - That really sucks!!! Glad you made it out relatively unscathed, though! Did you happen to see the thread on the $450 '84 GK in the Detroit area? Maybe this was a sign that you should upgrade! I'd guess that whatever you sink into the repairs on the 850 would likely be close to (Or exceed) the investment in the GK, and anything you might need for it could possibly come from the 850.

...Something to consider.

Feel better, Pal!

Regards,
      Guess I missed that one, I was kind of thinking upgrade too. Don't know yet though, I've got a deal cookin' on the front end right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Dan,

Just saw this. Good to see you are okay.

Just a note: If you are looking for replacement hard bags, those are from a GS1100GK (not an 1100E).

I didn't know that, the guy I got them from said his was an "E". Yeah, I could use a right side GK bag then......anybody got an orphaned one?????

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
          good to hear you're alright. What safety gear were you wearing?
          I was wearing my full face Emco flip-up helmet, old Aerostich riding suit, and a leather vest over it for a little more warmth, heavy guantlet leather gloves since it was cold and windy and tall leather boots. Not a scratch on me, my chest is a little sore as is the left side of my neck.

Comment

Just saw this Dan, very glad you're ok. Shame about the bike.
            Get your neck x-rayed.
            A few years after getting rear ended in car and having a "sore neck" I ended up having to get a fusion. Could have been prevented with early therapy.

Comment

Man, glad to hear your okay. Hopefully the bike will be good as new.

Look on the bright side.... statistics say the great majority of accidents occur within 10 miles of you home.... So, your an exception!!

Comment

Working...
              X