No announcement yet.

Are these engines good or what ?? !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a van/ trailer. Or even a car to attach the trailer too! And I have a very limited budget.

I canna afford to hire a van to travel 400 miles round trip only to find out the bike's are total wrecks and aren't worth a bag of peanuts .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Dont be such a pratt boyo! 200 miles is nothing! I and steve drove 900-ish miles each way last year to fetch my 1100ES. Sometimes you just have to say f#%€ it and go for it! These babies are worth it
      Come on, TCK, don't exagerate.

While it may have seemed like it was 900+ miles each way riding in the van with me, it was only 808 each way.

Fun trip, though.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have just been informed the GS may go for £150 .

£120 for 1 1/2 bikes of unknown quality, or £150 for one with MOT . Hmm, toughy .

Comment

funny story!

Comment

Is it?

Anyroad. How about some piccies of your progress ?

Comment

Well, no piccies lately, but here are the last ones..

Now, this is similar to what it looks like at the moment.... ahem.. !

The rest of it is strewn all over the garage floor...

Once I have it catagorised into "chroming", "powdercoating", "electrics" etc.. I can send the bits off giving more room to work on the engine and remaining bits.

Happy now Ian??? lol
              Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian W View Post
                Is it?
                I think he was referring to the original post. Which is great BTW.

Brad bk

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  Dont be such a pratt boyo! 200 miles is nothing! I and steve drove 900-ish miles each way last year to fetch my 1100ES. Sometimes you just have to say f#%€ it and go for it! These babies are worth it
                  Totally agree, Josh. In early 1998 I drove my Dodge Dakota to Toledo, Ohio, to pick up a 1980 GS850G, almost 500 miles each way. Then in late 1999 I drove same pickup to Boston, just about 600 miles each way, to pick up my (our) magnificent GS1100GK.

200 miles ain't nothing! A GS has to be in horrible shape not to be worth the trip.

Nick Diaz
                  Middletown, MD

Comment

Eintein,

Where did you get the decals for the tank/tail/sidecovers? I am getting these painted this winter and have been looking for the decals. My bike is black.
                    1979 GS850G
                    2004 SV650N track bike
                    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Decals

Hi Tas,

I got mine about a year ago from The Image Works.. http://www.the-image-works.co.uk/ click on bike graphics, then scroll down to classic reproduction graphics.. They also have non UK designs, and ship worldwide.

They have been sat here waiting until I got round to painting her.

I think I paid £45 including delivery, about $73, although bear in mind prices could have gone up, and delivery will be more to the US..

John

ps.. this is from their site...

Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Stop press !!

OMG... am I one VERY happy bunny...

look what I just found !!!

A matching pair of NOS pipes which are the correct ones for my bike..

Rocking horse poo if I ever saw it...

So far £160 including delivery.. just one header, the covers, and some clamps to find..

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                          Totally agree, Josh. In early 1998 I drove my Dodge Dakota to Toledo, Ohio, to pick up a 1980 GS850G, almost 500 miles each way. Then in late 1999 I drove same pickup to Boston, just about 600 miles each way, to pick up my (our) magnificent GS1100GK.

200 miles ain't nothing! A GS has to be in horrible shape not to be worth the trip.

Nick Diaz
                          Middletown, MD
                          Don't get me wrong. I understand what your saying. I have over the years bought some old wrecks, fixed them up and put them back on the road and have recieved a great buzz from it. One time I was given a C90. It had been set alight and thrown into a river! Everyone said it would never run again, waste of time etc, but I was thrashing around the fields on it within a week. That soon shut them up .

At the moment I have hardly any money, so a very strict budget. If I had the pennies to spare I would grab them. But alas I don't.

The other GS has MOT until May, a little tax and is going for £200. She runs and rides and is in clean and fairly original condition.

John, there's some gold tank badges on fleabay if your interested.

Comment

Working...
                          X