A ride w/my dad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ride w/my dad.

So last year I ended up by my first bike (82 650G). I spent 2 months gettin her runnin perfectly. After that, I spent the rest of the year riding w/my buddies (08 Fatbob and 82 yamaha 750Maxim). Since I was out riding so much, my parents didn't see me as much. SO my mom put the bug in my dad's ear to buy a bike and ride w/me. That was real cool to hear. So I started looking for an older Jap bike (500 to 650) for him. He told me that he didn't want anything bigger that a 350 cuz my 650 was "too heavy" for him to ride . WHAT??????????? Needless to say he bought a 73 Honda CB350. I finally got his CB runnin last week and we went out on our first ride together. It was real cool to actually ride w/my dad. But when we got back to his place, he said something that made me laugh a lil bit. "It was a good ride Billy. But I think I need something bigger that a 350 if I wanna go faster that 50mph."

Bravo .. I like that story.

Comment

Nice story !
      Find him a nice 650G or 750E. If he's not a BIG man, a 550 will do well.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I have memories of riding on the back with my Dad when I was a teen, on a 59 Tri thunderbird. We had bought it as a basket case & rebuilt it in the garage.

Comment

Working...
        X