day trip up north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day trip up north

Usually on weekends, I try to make time to get out with my wife or sons for day rides in and around NH. Today I took a 180 mi loop up north with my wife, eventually travelling across the Kancamagus hwy and down through the lakes region. Started out in the early AM a little damp from the overnight rains, in the 60's, but had all day to stretch our ride out at a leisurely pace. For those interested in nice bike routes, ours followed Rt 107 N, onto Rt 132 N which is a great country road paralleling the I-93 hwy, onto Rt 175 N , across the "Kanc", down Rt 16, Rt 113, Rt109, and Rt 28. There are other detours along the way, too.
    Turned into a beautiful day reaching 80 degrees, with side stops to put our feet into the ice cold river rapids in Thornton, swimming (or should I say submersing under water while grasping onto the rocks) in the chilly Swift River swollen from recent rains, and then lounging by Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfboro.
    Some pics of along the way:

any trout in that stream?

Comment

and...

great company along with the "old" Yammie Venture (one of the best kept secrets for a reliable and comfortable touring bikes)....I use my GSes for solo riding.

Comment

That is just about the prettiest thing I seen for a long time and the scenery is nice too.

Comment

Lurch,

Nice scenery photos. I was trying to imagine a "swim" in that creek, then you described it more detail.

And good that you also included pic of bike.

Last edited by Redman; 07-26-2009, 07:16 AM.
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
          X