Nice November ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice November ride.

bwringer and I took a nice ride today around Brown County. He was nice enough to offer up his VX for me to ride since mine is in the midst of a head and base gasket replacement. It was a beautiful day, upper 60's and sunny, it was a bit windy, but, I'm not complaining. Here's a few pics.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/TAMMYB%7E1.BIS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/IMG]

We did a little gravel road traveling.

And creek crossings.

We went around Lake Lemon.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/TAMMYB%7E1.BIS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/TAMMYB%7E1.BIS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png[/IMG]
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Larry,

Nice seeing pictures of places other folks ride around the country. It's been years since I was in your neck of the woods but as I recall the leaves were off the trees last time I was there. I'm a bit of a fair weather rider. You get below 50 and I'm not to crazy about riding. I guess a windsheild might help. Thanks for posting.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I'm guessing the temp was lower 60's when we left about 9:30am. I don't think I saw a cloud all day. It was really comfortable 180 miles with alot of it at 25mph or less, as we searched some gravel roads.

The heated grips Brian has on the VX helped alot too........
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Hmmm... we need to make sure Tim and Wazz see this thread...
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

That creek crossing and the gravel roads sure look like an adventure.

Thanks for posting pics.
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Today 04:32 PM bwringer Hmmm... we need to make sure Tim and Wazz see this thread...
            Sure, sure rub in in. Actually Wazz, Tina and I were able to get in about 150 miles up here. We had the NW Indiana group in attendance. Wazz, Tina, Myself. DH Joe , and helmetless Tony. Tony did mention that when you take a leaf in the choppers about 45 mph it tends to sting a bit. Not sure why. Does riding around Bass Lake dodging burning leaf piles count? It was great to get out with Wazz & Tina although I was a bit foggy & dehydrated from my Friday evening festivities. Pardon me while I check the Saturday long range forecast.
            82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
            81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
            83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
            06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" :eek: http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
            AKA "Mr Awesome" ;)

Comment

Thursday and Friday I put in two 250 mile round trips from San Antonio to Austin and back. Austin traffic really sucks and being on a bike makes it a little easier. On Friday though traffic on IH35 south was backed up for miles so I hit the surface streets to get through town. Even that sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                Hmmm... we need to make sure Tim and Wazz see this thread...
                Thanks for the rub, Brian. But as Tim said, we did get out for a little ride with our local "crew".
                Met Tim at a gas station, stopped later at another station, only to have DH announce he was on reserve out in the boonies. Appartently he didn't want any "extra" gas left in his tank if he didn't use it. He's a "character"
                Did catch the breakfast buffet at Hot Rod's in Wheatfield, cool place with good chow.

After being sidelined for 9 1/2 weeks it was nice just to get out.....

-greg

(Yes, BC would have been much sweeter )
                Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Sounds like the ankle is healed up. That's nice to hear, Wazz.
                  Larry D
                  1980 GS450S
                  1981 GS450S
                  2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

The ankle is far from 100%, but I'm hopeful the "pimp gimp" will go away with time.
                    Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

We could have had a nice ride, too, but we were out celebrating our family Christmas a bit early.
                      Instead of going through the increasingly difficult task of finding something for the boys, we took a small trip.

This was the first stop:

The currently-featured items on display are movie bikes and Arlen Ness bikes, as well as all the others that are usually there in the museum.
                      The always-popular Captain America replica:

Only one Suzuki of note in there:

And we got a couple raffle tickets for this, which will be given away next summer at Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio Raceway:

It's a sand-cast '69 750K that has been restored, the odometer shows ALL ZEROES.
                      There is a little bike that goes along with it, too, it's a 1965 100cc step-through that has never been titled and has ONE MILE on the odometer.

(more ...)
                      sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

As we were leaving the museum, we saw a couple who were taking advantage of the lovely surroundings to get some pictures of their car.
                        A 1950 Jaguar XK120:

Sunday, we went to Mid-Ohio Raceway for the Teen Defensive Driving class. Yeah, three of the four of us are NOT teens anymore, but we still took the class. GREAT class, should be a mandatory second part of EVERY Driver's Ed class.

Here is one of the instructors showing what the skid car can do:
                        (Sorry about the wind noise, it was a breezy day.)

Here are a couple of #2 son, who has had his license for about 7 months. (He has also not driven a stick-shift until getting into this car.)
                        The instructor asked him if he happens to do a lot of driving games. (Yes, he does.)

The kids are now ready to give up our yearly tradition of going to a concert of some kind, in favor of doing another level of training here at Mid-Ohio.

Last edited by Steve; 11-09-2009, 02:28 PM.
                        sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                        X