Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GK at Lake Michigan Dec 1st. Pictures, no story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GK at Lake Michigan Dec 1st. Pictures, no story.

No boring story, just boring pictures.

Was 42 degrees and sunny (snow predicted in a couple days). Headed out and around.
    Then Went down to beach about sunset (5pm these days).

I know, pictures are similar to others I have taken and posted before.
    But, its a hobby, kinda like a golfer going back and playing the same golf course again.

Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2009, 10:58 AM.
    http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2009, 11:01 AM.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice bike Red, you didn't get stuck in any sand traps.

We got out last Saturday it was in the 50's "sorry no pictures" there talking snow for this weekend.

Comment

Had work to do, but I was outside…

Nice sunset, nice day to ride.
        I was working Saturday on a guitar building project, Monday-Tuesday on handyman work (to pay for food-shelter-toys).
        Those may be our last nice days, for awhile.
        Bill
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

So Pretty

Nice Pictures Redman! Gives me some ideas of riding my new GS along the lake through WI and MI and over the ditch to visit my Mom in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. Then I can ride along the lake to come home thru MI and IN. An around the lake tour - with pics of course! And in the summer, not in December. Ha ha.

Candice

Comment

It was a little too cool this morning to take my hands out of my heated gloves to get a picture.
            Didn't have my camera with me, anyway, so it didn't really matter.
            A 100-mile commute (one-way) for the next couple of weeks, I managed to do it today on the bike.
            30 degrees at home, 28 as I was going through farm country, 37 as I got into Columbus.

No pictures of cold weather riding, so I'll post a couple from warmer times this past summer.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrash View Post
              Nice bike Red, you didn't get stuck in any sand traps
              Nope. But was maybe over an inch of sand in that parking lot. Was a little interesting getting in and out.

Originally posted by motomonkey View Post
              Nice Pictures Redman! Gives me some ideas of riding my new GS along the lake through WI and MI and over the ditch to visit my Mom in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. Then I can ride along the lake to come home thru MI and IN. An around the lake tour - with pics of course! And in the summer, not in December. Ha ha.
              Candice
              Candice, I like your enthuiasism. Yes, plan a trip. Let me know, can recommend some roads in NW LP Michigan. Maybe for such a trip you might concider getting a fairing. Or better yet: I still have the Plexiglass fairing from my 82 GS650G hanging on wall in garage .....
              Dave

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              It was a little too cool this morning to take my hands out of my heated gloves to get a picture.
              Didn't have my camera with me, anyway, so it didn't really matter.
              A 100-mile commute (one-way) for the next couple of weeks, I managed to do it today on the bike.
              30 degrees at home, 28 as I was going through farm country, 37 as I got into Columbus.
              Steve. I am impressed. 100 miles, below freezing. Seemes like you are geared up for it though. Wonder how you will do in next few days. Do take a camera with you. I can see it now, bike parked by bank time/temperature sign, still before sun rize, sign saying 30 degrees, can see the heat ripples comming off the heated gloves.
              Oh, wait, you probably dont have to find a bank temperature sign. THe Goldwingabago probalby has a temperature dispay somewhere, maybe projects it on your faceshield or something (just jokeing). Sure looks like a nice ride, and you are still riding. Maybe you ride until they start with the salt.

Below is a picture of the ride I took today.

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              Nice sunset, nice day to ride.
              ....Those may be our last nice days, for awhile.
              Bill
              Hello Again Bill,

Yes they were.

Here is picture of my ride today.

THick heavy wet lake effect snow that was jamming up in the 2nd stage. THe snowthrower was being more of a snow-cone-machine than a snow thrower.

And you can see car still outside because I havent got garage rearranged enough to get bikes into back corner so can get car inside.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Oh, wait, you probably dont have to find a bank temperature sign. THe Goldwingabago probalby has a temperature dispay somewhere, maybe projects it on your faceshield or something (just jokeing). Sure looks like a nice ride, and you are still riding. Maybe you ride until they start with the salt.
                If you want, I could take it out for a spin to get the temp reading down, but I chose to park it today. Just a few too many wrecks this morning on the north side of town, but that was after I escaped out the east side unscathed. I had NO problems in the van today, probably could have taken the bike, but I had no idea how much snow was on the way and whether it would stick and get icy.

No projection onto the faceshield or even the windsheild, it just sits there on the fake "tank".

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hiya Dave! Good pics, nice scoot, a real beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    No projection onto the faceshield or even the windsheild, it just sits there on the fake "tank".
                    Steve. Thanks for photos. Geepers, compared to any bike I have had, that photo of the Goldwing looks like a cockpit instrument panel.

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
                    Hiya Dave! Good pics, nice scoot, a real beauty!
                    Hello Jim. Thanks for comment.
                    I do enjoy riding intersting roads, but also like to stop if also find an intersting scene for a photo.

Dave
                    Last edited by Redman; 12-11-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Also went for another "ride" today. Temps are 18 degF.

Did not get very far.

That is a small throw rug piece of carpet that got pulled in by the auger.

Jammed between the 1st and 2nd stage, jammed between the 1st stage (auger) and the main housing, and jammed between the 2nd stage (thrower) and its housing -- and carpet frozen stiff. Cant get anything to move, cant get the carpet to pull out nor move anywhere. Arugh.
                      Have already removed the auger shear bolts to try and free up the two 1st stage augers. Big problem is carpet is jammed up between the thrower and its housing and the carpet is frozen stiff. Am presently trying to thaw out the frozen carpet, and then see if I can pull it out. Maybe see if can cut carpet into piece with a utility knife, burn with torch, something. Then next option is to dissasemble everything. Arugh.

Winter Wonderland: often wonder how bad those early settlers must have really wanted some land to come here.

<<later note. Sat 12/12. Cutting some with utility knife only helped some. Put a heater on it to thaw out the carpet helped more. Then was able to pull it out one place at a time, was jammed in about 4 places.
                      December. Janunary yet. Febuary yet. Then March. Then April. April can have some nice days.

Last edited by Redman; 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM. Reason: add later note.

Comment

Working...
                      X