Murphy's law or things happen in three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphy's law or things happen in three

Yesterday, I jumped on the bike to do some things. I went in to the first place, came out and got suited up, pushed the starter button and nothing happened, started fine at home, so I pulled the side cover and jumped the solenoid and it fired up and went to my next place, which was only a block away. I noticed the bike handling funny, so I took a look at the bike and the rear tire was almost flat, a closer look revealed a screw in the side of the rear tire. I did what I had to do there, and thought about what I was going to do. Hmmmm, gas station across the street, FIX A FLAT!! thats it. So WHAT if it says not for tubed tires and not for vehicles with less than 4 wheels, Beats walking and/or getting it towed $16 for a can of that and I was on my way, after jumping the solenoid again. So, my next place to go would be the bike store to get a new tube. Drove by and they looked closed, didnt have a watch on, went to their other place, the salvage yard, they looked closed too, garage doors closed nobody around. But for the heck of it I went to the door of the salvage yard and they were open, asked about a part off of the '83 750 out front, he said $15 ok, do you take interac? no!! He told me the retail store was indeed open so, I thought they might give me cash back when I bought the tube, sounded like a plan, bugger to have to pull the side cover again at the bank. But no even though I bought a tube and they know me they wouldnt give me cash back, so I had to go to the bank, get $20, pay $1.50 interac fee, and head to the salvage place and get the part I wanted. So, today I fixed the rear tire and starter button, which turns out to be a bad clutch switch, I pulled the offending screw out and found this: A two inch long drywall screw I dont know how that thing got in there without help but I dont know

what doesn't kill ya. . . .
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

um er excuse me, I have a screw loose and that looks like it, could you please return it to me at your earliest convenience. Not sure how it made it clear up there but I'm really happy someone found it.

Comment

i had to clean the contact on my clutch switch last summer ,and before that the rear brake light switch. no cost just a little time. sounds like you had a bad cycle day. hang in their.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
          Yesterday, ...........
          ................ A two inch long drywall screw I dont know how that thing got in there without help but I dont know
          Well, the good news is that you were riding...in January .... in BC Canada.

And you fixed all the problems. BUt the tire required some expenditure.

I too have had strange things stuck in rear tire at strange locations. Never front tire. I have been told to concider this: It was laying flat on the pavement, THe front tire hit it and sent it bouncing and cartwheeling around, and the rear tire caught it between the tire and the pavement while it was standing up. You say was in the side wall, hum, maybe you were leant into a turn at the time.
          Either that or some neighbor dont like your aftermarket pipes.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have work in trucks shops for many years and found lots of scerws,nails and bolts in tires, The stranger thing i've found was a 6 inchs long screwdriver balde that punctured is way into the rear tire's side wall.I kept it and made a punch out of it.

Comment

sometimes you gotta wonder if that stuff really got stuck in there by accident...

{who have i pi55ed off lately?}
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
              X