Not so much the ride, but the destination (photos) castle & waterfalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so much the ride, but the destination (photos) castle & waterfalls

I grew up in NJ and some how wasn't aware of the places my new lady-friend introduced me to. Generally people share places to visit on a motorcycle based on the ride, but these places aren't so much for the ride as they are the rewarding sights at the end of the ride.

If you are interested in history, architecture, art, photography, natural wonders, or all of the above you may enjoy having a visit. It is with much enjoyment I present to you: Lambert Castle & Watch tower (sorry for crappy photos the sun was going down and I was using a very outdated camera) as well as The Great Falls in Patterson, NJ on the Passaic river.

I'll spare you the story and let the pictures do the talking for me.

and.. the view from atop Garrett Mountain.

If you live locally in the tri-state-area.. it may be worth your time to have a visit and see for yourself. I found the waterfalls to be especially rewarding because of all the ice.

Those are fabulous pictures ! I like the panorama.

Musta been a frosty ride to get there....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Interesting photos. Did not notice anything bad about the photos, camera must be fairly good yet.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Great pics.
        Next time I'm working down there, I'd like to check out in person.

Comment

I used to hike the Appalachian trail up and around the delaware water gap area between NJ/PA. There's some dang nice roads out that way and very pretty vistas.

Comment

Working...
          X