X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
    Civics will never be a fast car,
    Thats a joke, right?

Dont get me wrong, there are some retarded people out there in civics (among other cars), but there are also some damn fast civics out there, built for not a lot of cash.

If that comment was aimed more towards the dumb dumbs who strap body kits to their cars, then disregard what ive said.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_heavy_750 View Post
      Thats a joke, right?

Dont get me wrong, there are some retarded people out there in civics (among other cars), but there are also some damn fast civics out there, built for not a lot of cash.

If that comment was aimed more towards the dumb dumbs who strap body kits to their cars, then disregard what ive said.

hmm yeah even stock a vtec civic is a damned fast car

Comment

the car in question was an older 2 door hatchback Civic, I'm not sure what year.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
          the car in question was an older 2 door hatchback Civic, I'm not sure what year.

Ah some dread base model with an automatic never revved over 2lrpm for 5 years

there are a lot of sad little cars that neveer stay loose and clean cos grocery getters are no damned fun.

Comment

Thats funny. Around here the ricers use neons more than anything which makes it even funnier when they rev at a bike. I like getting them going with my F150 even better because they see a full size 4x4 and think they got it beat until the light turns green. Cant wait till I get my 1000 going so I can give them hell with a bike older than the rider lol

I did race a mustang cobra one time but i was on a 2003 vtx 1800. He gave up at 130
            ---Eric

Comment

Hey, I had the opportunity to slap the sh!t out of a Viper with some smug day-trader at the wheel.........he started the sh!t, but at the next light he just stared straight ahead and accelerated like he was driving an Olds Cierra.
              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Im not so much for the quick accelerations, but appreciate it.

I was riding the GS a week or so back and got behind an old school chevy nova. No clue what year but looked fully restored and had a growl to it just cruising around, you know that sound like its just waiting to really go. It also had a ss line coming out of the back, thinking nos.

Anyways we got to a straight away and the guy had some running room, all I heard was the engine roar and off he went. Seriously was gone so fast, only time I have seen that much acceleration was from the newer bikes.

Comment

Civics will never be a fast car ...
                  Oh, I don't know about that. For a 2 liter light weight car they do alright.
                  At the 1/4 mile strip my Civic will run in the high 13s, over 100 mph, with just over a 2 second 60' time.
                  Not too shabby. I'm not sure how fast it'll go, but it's more than 162 mph.

Very VERY few cars can come close to the acceleration of a bike. Even the vintage ones
                  True, but it really depends on how far you run.

Comment

I run high 10s in my TransAm, but Civics properly done can be acceptable.
                    And I would never back down from a car when I am on my totally stock GS1100E, but that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                    X