POW/MIA ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POW/MIA ride

Last week I joined a few local friends and took a ride up to the Weirs (Beach) for the annual POW/MIA memorial ride. It usually consists of 600-1000 bikes following a 10~ mile ride through the lake area during the big bike week and races up here in NH. 90% of the bikes are Harleys so our K100, Vulcan and Goldwing kind of looked out of place, but it was for a good cause. I try to do the ride each year.
    What started out as a rainy evening, quickly turned into a warm, muggy ride, stripping off stuff before we formed up. Now not being one for riding in big groups, it does get a little claustraphobic when riding 2 abreast and 1 or 2 bike lengths between you and the guy in front or back of you at 10-20 mph along the mostly windy stretches. The water/fan cooled bike performed flawlessly but the engine heat sure pours off the side vents baking my lower body! At times when we stopped, other than the tach reading I couldn't hear my own bike running against the backdrop of noisy Hogs.
    So was any one else from the forum there? I didn't see any Zooks. But then again I left my GS750 home.

I was at Weirs that Tuesday but was on my Goldwing which was 1 of a handful of non Harley's. While going home that afternoon on 93 I was passed by a Harley that was so loud I couldn't hear myself think.

Comment

Working...
    X