Charity Ride Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charity Ride Pics

My lovely wife and I went on a Charity Ride yesterday for a young girl that has cancer. We all raised +-$7,000 to help her family out. There ended up being 52 bikes. No incidents or accidents. It was a great day, very hot though. There were some folks with helmets,but, not many. Tammy and I were the only ones in full gear...and also the only ones that didn't end up with a suburn. A wonderful ride of 110 miles, so, it wasn't a long ride by any means, but a great cause.

I put Tammy in charge of the camera, she did great !!

Ready to go.

We got there early to get a place near the front.

We ended up being a Suzuki in a sea of Harleys.

Well, we kinda got toward the front....

We weren't the only Suzuki. The lady in front is on a Savage and behind her is our friend Rita on her Intruder.

To know my friend DK, is to love him. A great guy, this picture pretty much captures his personality.....I wish he'd at least wear a helmet.

We ended up at this restaurant and had an early dinner.

It was a fun day !!!
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Looks good. Glad to hear it was a safe event.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice pictures. Glad you enjoyed yourselves and everyone turned up at the end safely
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Larry and Tammy.

Good that it was a good ride and a good day.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Good on you and the others for the money raised, Larry.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I can't imagine that we were any hotter than the folks who decided to ride with no protection at all. Someone said it was 94 degree F.

The GK ran great and oddly seemed to run and little better the hotter the day became.

Here's a few more pics.

Here's a link to a short video of us riding.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

and another of folks pulling into one of our stops. Check out the reverse on the CanAm.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Great pics Larry!

Glad all you had a great and safe time while ridding.

Yes it was up in the 90's and glad you and Tammy wore your gear.

I just cringed when I saw the ladies wearing cutoffs and sandels, but what do I know?

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing and looked like a fun ride. Kudos to you and your lady for wearing gear, it seems like no one around here does besides my father and I.

We needed more pics of the zuki not the harleys! Although I really like the look of the burnt orange/black HD.

Comment

Glad you could help out, I really like charity rides that go right to the families in need. I can't stand big corporate fundraisers like the American Cancer Society though... if you saw where the board came from and what they get paid it would make you sick.

If you know the girls family I would kindly suggest they try to find their own answers to the type of cancer she has and at leas consider some of the alternative treatments that dont poison and kill your body as much as the stuff the doctor's push. Not saying avoid that if you think it helps but consider the options.

It kills me to see so many getting sick and dieing from a disease that has many cures available that are overlooked or pushed under the table since they are not proprietory products that can be used to generate a profit.

Foregive me... I will move on now.

Comment

Larry,

I think you and your lovely wife needed to wear some Suzuki apparel, because every person on an HD seems to have HD apparel on.

More importantly, I'm glad that everyone had a safe and fun experience helping out a family in need; thanks for posting pics!

Comment

I spoke to my friend Boyd last night, on the left in the pic, he was the organizer of the ride and works with the young girl father.....

He told me that there were 54 bikes and the total was $7300 raised.

Larry D
                      1980 GS450S
                      1981 GS450S
                      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
                      X