Vintage Motorcycle Days Mid Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Motorcycle Days Mid Ohio

Good crowd this year! Found a set of frame covers, and FINALLY replaced my gaudy fuel joint. Got a pingle-type petcock. And saw probably every Honda ever made, but mine was the only 79 gs750 I saw. And I received compliments

Just got back to Cincinnati 2 hours ago from Mid-Ohio myself. Picked up a Clymer manual for the 82 GS450 from the Z1 tent. I echo your comments about Honda...parts and bikes were everywhere. Not as many GS parts as I would have liked though. I did see some GSes there...pointed EVERY one out to my buddy who rides a Ninja 650. I think he got sick of me talking after a while .

Got to ride 7 demo bikes. Wish Suzuki is there next year.

Comment

Doh! Totally wanted to go to this. Had it marked down on my calendar any everything and completely forgot.

Comment

Yeah I agree with you guy, I saw more vintage Honda's in one day than I've ever seen in my life!

I almost picked up a set of exhaust from a '78 GS550 to put on my '80 GS550 but wasn't sure if it would fit, so I passed. In hindsight I should've bought it. I did buy a carb rebuild kit from Z1.

Did anyone else see the $75,000 Munch?

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
          Good crowd this year! Found a set of frame covers, and FINALLY replaced my gaudy fuel joint. Got a pingle-type petcock. And saw probably every Honda ever made, but mine was the only 79 gs750 I saw. And I received compliments
          NICE!! For some reason I thought it was NEXT weekend!! Wish I would have known, I would have tried to make it up!

Vince you coming down for the RRR??

Comment

I really want to. I got a great set of Krausser bags on here, but I can't get the key to work, and so can't get them mounted. I've had 2 4 day weekends back to back as well. I'm really starting to enjoy enjoying myself...How long of a drive is it from Dayton to there?

Comment

This was the first time I've been. Basically all Honda, BSA and various beat up old dirt bikes. I wish I had a penny for every Honda Cub I saw.

I think the GSResources should have a tent next year to show off the GS's, there were hardly any.

I felt like I didn't really get to look around too well. I was constantly on watch for guys on pit bikes and golf carts. I saw one old man on his cell phone step out in front of a guy on a pitbike, and just nearly get creamed.

My favorite thing I saw was the sidecar races. You couldn't pay me enough to ride on one of those.

I forgot to bring my gear, I would've liked to ride a Spyder.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                NICE!! For some reason I thought it was NEXT weekend!! Wish I would have known, I would have tried to make it up!

Vince you coming down for the RRR??
                Chris and I thought we saw you but then the guy and his passenger took off their helmets and we realized it was just someone else with a gorgeous blue and white 1100ES.

It was our first year and we had a blast. Very impressed with the show and will definitely make it again next year. Maybe we all need to meet up at the VJMC tent next year. Dad and I kind of used it for our base of operations and if you went by there that was dad's 'S'. At one point it was even joined with another bone stock 'S'. I got some pictures and when I have more time I'll post them up.
                -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Man I wish I could have gone. I haven't been up there for several years. Last time I went, it was on my '85 Shadow VT1100. Be nice to go on a GS. Maybe next year.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

The AMA used to reserve spaces in the infield for organizations to get together - I don't remember it even costing anything. The Z1/Z900 forum used to meet there. I forget how to reserve the space, but it's a worthwhile thing. Since setting up the booth for Z1 Ent, I've not had time to get to the infield and see if they still do it.

Comment

Yeah, there were was a honda club, british club, spanish club and maybe a Kawa club in the infield.

Comment

Working...
                      X