GK at car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GK at car show

Went for ride today, first ride since .....
    (..... thats a different story)

Went for a ride today, First ride in two weeks.

Went past beach, and was going past downtown when I saw there was a car show downtown. Was going to head out and ride on a couple roads that follow the river.

Then I saw that the car show was also on a couple sidestreets. I went around the "street closed" barracades at the end of one sidestreet and parked right next to the car show cars, not right in the car show, but right next to them. Were people walking around.

I wondered how the car show judges would react if they got a vote for a bike and the bike not even registered in the show.

Looking at 2 of the 3 blocks of car show.

Then I see there is a bike in the show.
    Let me see here, using my indepth knowlodge of the history of american made bikes over the last century(a-hem) let me look at this,
    it is a knucklehead,
    and, ah, let me look at this some more, ah,
    from looking at the back; I think that is a 1937 Harley something or other.

Last edited by Redman; 08-03-2010, 07:43 AM.
    http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    I think that is a 1937 Harley something or other.
    that was the second year of production of the knucklehead. pretty impressive innovation at the time. overhead valve and a dry sump oiling system!

you had your choice of knucklehead and flat head, but the knuckles were more expensive, and the first year hada big problem with the valve train so i bet they sold alot more flatheads!

Comment

Working...
    X