Deals Gap report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deals Gap report

Wild week at work, so I needed to blow off some steam. Group of us hit the Dragon saturday! Got their about 11:00 AM and plenty of parking left. We made a trip through and then came back. Now it's noon and hardly any place to park at all!! GO EARLY... So we ate lunch their (pretty good burger) and looked at bikes.

I LOVE this one... Not a GS though...

Old straight 6 Honda! WOW...just awesome. Lot of work done it also.

The ride was beautiful as always and the bike perfpormed flawlessly. The new GSXR suspension up front and Dunlop Sportmax Q2's stuck like glue!

We rode back on the Foothills Parkway, then through 321, Townsend, Gatlinburg, 441 and through to Cherrokee.

On the foothills we hit a very long straightaway and the guy in front was on a R6. He nailed it and so did I . I hit 7500 rpms in 5th gear (no speedo) and bike was rock solid. Wind was incredible though. felt like someone was trying to lift me up by the back of my jacket!

He said he hit 130 but I don't think I got that far. 7500 RPMS with 17 tooth front, 45 rear and 170 tire. My GPS maxed out at 99.9 mph.

300 mile round trip and an awesome day on the GS!

I did the Foothills Parkway to Deal's Gap to Cherokee to Smokey Mountain National Park to Townsend to home route today. 200 miles round trip and a great day for it. Got a little nippy riding up to Clingman's Dome but other than that it was perfect.
    -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
    DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
    -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
      I did the Foothills Parkway to Deal's Gap to Cherokee to Smokey Mountain National Park to Townsend to home route today.

I love that ride! I always want to stop in Cherokee on a hot summer day to dip my feet in the river.

Comment

A friend of mine that works at the CROT sent me this pic, awhile ago. 1983 GS1100ES Only has 5900 original milesand its in show room condition.

Comment

Looks like Rocket's bike. He runs a bike repair biz out of Oak Ridge. Met him at the Time Warp Tea Room in Knoxville.
          -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
          DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
          -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Working...
          X