• Show
Clear All

I'll trade you jobs lol.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Mr. Steve will soon be home, but the weather in Ohio is not riding weather right now. This will allow him more time to stay home & work on bikes, as if he needs an excuse. Our younger son's 850 is down right now with what I understand to be stripped splines, or something along that line that prevents the bike from moving. Motor runs fine, it just does not like to move, which takes the fun out of riding if you can not get out of the driveway.

Either way, bad or good weather, running or not running bike, Mr Steve will soon be home and that makes me happy!
      Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Steve View Post
        Mr Steve will soon be home and that makes me happy!
        Awwwwwwww.... and now he can carve the turkey too !!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Awwwwwwww.... and now he can carve the turkey too !!
          No turkey carving for me.

My personal favorite Thanksgiving Day dinner is ...

drum roll please ...

a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
            I'll trade you jobs lol.
            You could probably handle it, but how about Mrs. kparkfan?

I left home September 20, I am returning November 19.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I left home September 20, I am returning November 19.
              Thats why you get paid the big bucks . My neighbor lady is on her second 6 week work trip to Manila .
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Thats why you get paid the big bucks .
                Please let me know when the "big bucks" part starts, OK?

I'm not doing this because the money is all that great, just that jobs at home are few and far between.

In other words, it's travel for modest pay or stay at home for NO pay.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

A PBJ? Gosh, what is this world coming to? Let me guess, you are still 10 at heart?
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, Mr. Steve's answer is really, really OLD. Yes, he is still a little boy at heart only his toys cost more.

Comment

That's cool. I'd like to become a little boy again for awhile so if you have any pointers I'm all ears (had to grow up much too fast and now making my daughter do so as well but not by my choice).
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Being young again would be nice if I could have the knowledge that I have now. I could use more energy and less creaky joints but learning all of life's lessons over again does not sound like fun. I will have to stay young at heart as the rest of me lives with the changes that comes with all the lessons I have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          A PBJ? Gosh, what is this world coming to? Let me guess, you are still 10 at heart?
                          Yes, a PBJ.

I looked at it logically several years ago. Usually the cooks (usually the women) would plan for months, shop for weeks, cook for days, then fret about having everything come out just right and at the right time. Then there would be a flurry about the table for half an hour or so, then the gals would tackle the clean-up while the guys would gather around the TV to watch the tackles on the football game.

It may be a bit over-simplistic of me, but I understand the purpose of the day to be one of givng thanks and being together with family. The half hour of hurried activity around the table just doesn't cut it. Spend a couple of minutes fixing up a good PBJ (or other 'sammich' of your choice) and spend that much more time with your family and friends.

We have started alternating my new concept of Thanksgiving 'dinner' with a more-traditional one, and have invited friends over for a "soup and sandwich" dinner. They have all agreed that it was different, but wonderful.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                          X