Afternoon Ride. GK. Fall Color. west michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon Ride. GK. Fall Color. west michigan

Fall Afternoon ride, 60 degrees, slight overcast (good for photos).
    Went on some roads along Grand River near here.
    About 50 miles total.

Hum....

These shots similar to shots from previous years.

Lets try some some photo arrangments different than previous occassions.

Last edited by Redman; 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

And some other locations along the way.

In town, approaching Lake Michigan

Last edited by Redman; 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice shots Redman! Thanks for sharing. Fall is kicking into high gear around here as well. I fear the midwestern motorcycle season is coming to a close...although I will fight it to the bitter end!

Thanks again for the nice pics. I like the mirror shots...very creative. And its nice to see what the other side of Lake Michigan looks like
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Nice pics! Looks like a fun road, too. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
          I fear the midwestern motorcycle season is coming to a close
          guess i didn't get the memo. its never too cold to ride in the midwest (as long as there isn't ice on the road

Comment

Originally posted by gpd211 View Post
            guess i didn't get the memo. its never too cold to ride in the midwest (as long as there isn't ice on the road)
            Ice or SALT! I try to avoid salting the bike at all cost...

Nice pics, Dave! Always enjoy seeing the GK!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by gpd211 View Post
              guess i didn't get the memo. its never too cold to ride in the midwest (as long as there isn't ice on the road
              Well, if we all lived in a tropical, southerly location like Greensburg Indiana it would be different. Come north about 300 miles and you might change your tune.

I've got my fingers crossed that we'll have a light winter and can ride thru most of it. The worst years are when it snows at Thanksgiving and doesn't melt until March, or when then temps are below zero for months at a time. Those conditions just take some of the joy out of riding.

Not that I'm complaining or anything
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Gorgeous pics, keep enjoying! I love this time of year!
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                  Well, if we all lived in a tropical, southerly location like Greensburg Indiana it would be different. Come north about 300 miles and you might change your tune.

I've got my fingers crossed that we'll have a light winter and can ride thru most of it. The worst years are when it snows at Thanksgiving and doesn't melt until March, or when then temps are below zero for months at a time. Those conditions just take some of the joy out of riding.

Not that I'm complaining or anything
                  I remember those times growing up in the Chicago area. Didn't see grass until March or April.

Very nice pics! Thanks!
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I would post our fall colors, but most of them are on the ground now. I quit riding when I can no longer safely negotiate my driveway due to ice (usually after the second or third snowfall when it sticks, then melts and turns to ice at the foot of my driveway). It results in my bike being parked for 2-3 months depending on the thaw date.

Comment

The title cut off to read "Afternoon Ride. GK. Fall."

Might I suggest "Autumn" as a better term.

Nice pics though.

Comment

Same stretch of road ( 4 weeks later) as in my posting #2.
                        Goes from Spring Lake (near here) into Grand Rapids, about 25 miles, generally follows the Grand River, has a few S curves, and some ups and downs. One of the few curvy roads in the area.

Fatality.

Quote in newspaper article from police on the scene:
                        "The speed was too fast on the one bike that crashed. He couldn't negotiate the curve, laid it down and hit the guardrail."

Artical says group of 5 bikes,
                        He went acrost other lane, off the road and into the guardrail.
                        Twentyfive year old guy from Grand Rapids area.
                        Says Honda sport bike.

My sympathies to the family.

Last edited by Redman; 11-13-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

^^^
                          Very sad indeed for the family and friends of the person involved. Prayers sent. Be careful out there.

I suspect my riding season is just about over. Had some nice rides last week (one resulting in a $120 ticket ) to end the season. Now its getting cold and wet and I'm traveling most of the time between now and New Years. If I get lucky the bike will come out 2 or 3 times between now and March.

However, fingers crossed that I'll be traveling to warmer climates during the winter and can rent or borrow bike for day rides whenever possible.

Comment

Don't forget the December 5 "Toys For Tots Ride!" Always worth participating if the weather cooperates! Hope to see you all there!!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                              Don't forget the December 5 "Toys For Tots Ride!" Always worth participating if the weather cooperates! Hope to see you all there!!

Regards,
                              Steve...have a good time. That is one event that I will avoid with all my being. I've only ridden in one motorcycle parade and it was a horrible experience. I'll never ride in another one. Too many pirates drinking and getting high before they all ride side-by-side at 10 mph all day long. No thanks!

It is a good cause and we will donate to them, just not as part of the parade.

Comment

Working...
                              X