Maybe the last day trip for the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the last day trip for the season?

Well they're talking about snow next week, temperatures between 8 and 3 degrees Celsius, that's 46 - 37 Fahrenheit for you southerners. Gets pretty cold on the fingers at those temps. Took advantage of the sun being out and a balmy 10 degrees and off I went. A nice 5 hour ride on some real good twistys, there were even periods where I wasn't cursing the car in front of me. Felt good hitting 10 grand and taking some more meat off those Avon's. Spent a bit of time hitting some roads I don't know, found a real nice little spot hidden away in amongst the trees.

Photo-0035 by azr33, on Flickr

The water looked pretty cold and the road was a little slick but a nice spot indeed.

Photo-0036 by azr33, on Flickr

I was careening around some great corners and hills when I came up and around the top to the Pacific Ocean, it was quite inspiring at the moment.

Photo-0037 by azr33, on Flickr

And I just love these signs

Photo-0038 by azr33, on Flickr

Well I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be the last ride of the season but if it does at least it was a good one.
    Last edited by azr; 11-18-2010, 02:45 AM.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

If only this sign also had the line "Speed limits Self regulated". Sounds like we have the same forcast. Thanks for the pictures.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

You're more adventurous than me

I tuck my bikes away once the leaves cover the roads,

I hate slick roads

maybe pull them out pnce or twice if weather permits
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

For the most part the roads were clear with the exception of some well treed back roads following the wind storm a day or two earlier, but that's one of the advantages of the rain up here, it cleans the roads. That photo showing the slick road was not indicative of what I was riding on at all, just a neat little find in the back woods. Glad you liked the photo's. I've got 'alot' of bike photos from different places and I haven't posted the resto of the 78 1000 yet so I'll have to take some time to do that this winter.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
        X