Spring training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring training

I have learned that you don't sit around the house all Winter then jump on the bike for a 2 to 3 hundred mile ride. You either won't finish or you won't enjoy it so for the past several years in advance of the Brown County (Now Tina Wasserott) rally I try to build up my saddle time in increments. Today was my first 100 plus mile day this year. actually about 150 miles. I headed out about 10:45 and before I had gotten five miles from home I came up on this fella walking down the road. This is the second snapper I have seen this week, I guess spring is in the air and they are looking for love!

I stayed on rural roads like this one for the first part of the day.

I eventually meandered my way around Northwest Henry County Tennessee until I was a few miles from Paris. At that point I decided it was a good day for a ferry ride so I headed down highway 69A toward Kentucky Lake. The ferry landing road is 10 miles of twists and turns that dead ends at the lake.

Waiting as the ferry approaches.

Crossing Kentucky lake

Once I departed the ferry it was just a few miles to Tennessee 232 which is the best twisty stretch this area has to offer. I still marvel at how effortlessly the SV handles that road compared to my old GSX1100G. Soon I was at Tennessee 79 only a few miles from Fort Donelson Battlefield National park on the Cumberland river so I spent a few minutes cruising through the park.

A very good way to start
    Spring Training".
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Looks like a fun ride,thanks for the pics.
    http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
    1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

Hi Scott,

What a nice day for a ride, with a ferry ride to boot! Thanks for the pictures.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

That's cool. I rode about 170 miles Saturday with 2 friends and saw 8 turtles. None were snappers though. The smallest adout the size of my fist, the largest about the size of a dinner plate. We rode through 5 counties, Butler, Lowndes, Dallas, Wilcox, and Monroe and even stopped at a ferry crossing, but at the wrong time to ride.

I gota get me a camera.

Ride safe,
        Buddy
        09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
        83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
        81 GS650G for the wife.
        82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
        I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
        If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
        Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Working...
        X