Riding during the earthquake this Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding during the earthquake this Tuesday

I was riding my GS450 for the first time since chopping off part of my thumb last month when we had the earthquake this Tuesday. I have been debating getting new shocks for the rear and new springs for the front but have been putting it off since I lost my job and have some ridiculous hospital bills to deal with (I wouldn't be riding my bike at all yet if I hadn't also wrecked my car in the last week) but I didn't even notice the quake so I guess my shocks aren't as bad as they could be
    Once I stopped riding I looked at my phone and alot of people had been texting my to see if I felt the quake. I was almost sad to have missed it.

On a more realistic note, I will be replacing my suspension components as soon as I can afford to even though they were able to buffer what I'm told was a 2.0 on the Richter scale in my area.

Central NJ here.

I was driving on my way to work when the quake hit.

When I got to work, everybody was asking me if I felt it.

I said "nope, my camaro vibrates so badly and has so much noise...I coulda been rolling right on top of it, and wouldn't have noticed"

Comment

We get quakes here in Chicago every once in a great while. I always miss those too.

Comment

Originally posted by apopleptic View Post
        I was riding my GS450 for the first time since chopping off part of my thumb last month when we had the earthquake this Tuesday. I have been debating getting new shocks for the rear and new springs for the front but have been putting it off since I lost my job and have some ridiculous hospital bills to deal with (I wouldn't be riding my bike at all yet if I hadn't also wrecked my car in the last week) but I didn't even notice the quake so I guess my shocks aren't as bad as they could be
        Once I stopped riding I looked at my phone and alot of people had been texting my to see if I felt the quake. I was almost sad to have missed it.

On a more realistic note, I will be replacing my suspension components as soon as I can afford to even though they were able to buffer what I'm told was a 2.0 on the Richter scale in my area.
        You,sir,lead an interesting life. RJ also....even with the best suspension,2.0 might not have been noticeable on a bike.

Comment

you can feel a 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkokos View Post
            you can feel a 2.0?
            A 2.0 can only be felt if you believe CA will "break off" and "fall" into the ocean...

Comment

Working...
            X