Back on the road again - pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the road again - pics

After a brief spell without the bike running I had a couple good but short rides on Saturday and Sunday. Not much to say besides we had some great weather and the bike really likes the new air filters at the top end. This first shot was taken in the Santa Cruz Mountains Sunday night on Highway 35 between Bear Creek Road and Black Road. The shot below it was from the same spot but looking south to Santa Cruz about a month ago. Photo info: Both pics shot and processed on iphone 4 with Camera-Plus app. Tilt-Shift-Gen app used on second shot.

Saturday's ride was from San Jose up Saratoga road to Highway 35 North to the Vista Point just past Page Mill Road. Then I headed down Page Mill road to Highway 280 and home. About 50 miles total. Short and sweet. I love the climb from Saratoga: a chance to really make her work climbing the hill. Late in the day most of the traffic is headed down the mountain so there were very few cars in my way, and I seem to hit the passing lanes and just the right times. Excellent ride and I revved her hard.

On Sunday the climb from Highway 17 to 35 along Bear Creek was pretty fun but that road is a lot narrower and lots of blind corners so you need to take it easier. Taking 35 north from there is a very tight and twisty one-lane road, better suited to a super-moto or my Riva 180 scooter but the reward is great vista like these in between Christmas tree farms.

I hope you had a nice time with your Suzy, too!

Beautiful.

Comment

Beautiful pictures and the shiny bike pic's are nice also.
      Do you still need that left rear turn signal? I have a couple of 1000L's laying around here.

daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

As a matter of fact I do. But I should take some measurements and pics to make sure it is a match. I'll get back to you.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post

Thats a fabulous photo. Thanks for sharing....
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
          X