Wife on the bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife on the bike

Back in grad school, and newly married, Deb and I rode my little Honda CM 400 all over central MI, but things changed when we moved to Indy in '85.

Deb hasn't ridden with me since the kids were very little. She almost never rode on my last bike as she worried about the kids if the worst happened.

Safe to say she has been a bit reluctant about having a bike in the garage and it didn't help that my oldest decided to try to get her license this fall. Still, I knew she really loved riding back then. She has occasionally mentioned how much fun the big touring bikes appear to be. (Not exactly my cup o' tea, but I could live with it.)

I was out noodling around the neighborhood on the bike tonight (a balmy low '70's here today) while the weather is good. Supposed to turn colder tomorrow. Thought I see if she was up for it and swung by the house.

A bit surprised, but she said she'd go. The bike was running beautifully (thanks to this board--in particular, Griffin and BWRinger) and I took her for a short run around the subdivision.

There is hope for the future! She said, upon returning home, "Note to self, take these ear rings off next time. The helmet was pushing them into my head."

Important words? "Next time." Didn't think I'd hear that.

The bike was just running so smoothly tonight as well. I wasn't getting on it, just enjoying the mellow, but it was just burbling along about as smoothly as a parallel twin ever gets.

Winter is going to be long this year.

Hope you all had a mellow ride tonight and perhaps got a bit of unexpected news too.

Sounds like a good start.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Every once in a while, things turn out better than hoped. Cheers!!

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Congratulations
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
        X