somebody gets it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody gets it!

I still working on the first 200 miles of my mostly completed project. Took it out for a spin on the strip after adjusting the mixture. Zipped in and out of some rolling-road-blocks. Stopped at a red light, and heard someone hollering towards me. It was 2 aprox. 20 yr old dudes in a jeep. My first thought was that something fell off or maybe it was on fire. But no, he said "what bike is that?" I pulled my helmet down to yell back "an 83 suzuki, 1100. One of them said "its bad ass!" I said "thanks I just but it together" Didn't know what else to say. I told the wife (who doesnt "get it") She thinks harley are cool. Been there already. Told her now I just waiting for the 20 yr old chicks to holler at me, then Itll really make my day.

Feels great, doesn't it.
    20 year olds or seasoned bikers, it makes you proud.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by snicrep5 View Post
      Told her now I just waiting for the 20 yr old chicks to holler at me, then Itll really make my day.
      Hey that happens to me. But then again I'm 22 and the chick in question is my Girlfriend on the back screaming.....

Comment

yeah I guess just getting some recognition occasionally is a good thing.

Comment

Absolutely. Who doesn't like compliments on their bike? especially from total strangers. It's a cool ego boost.

Comment

Told her now I just waiting for the 20 yr old chicks to holler at me, then Itll really make my day.
            That only happens with a full face helmet.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Congrats! Not to worry. It gets even better. They will follow you into a parking lot to tell you they used to have one and then say, "aren't you a bit old to be riding one of those things?" LOL
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Yeah, I would only get "good" comments from a 20 year old chick if I had my full-face helmet on, and my jacket on to hide the pooch.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

It's amazing that such a mass produced bike stands out like a sore thumb!

But that's just because you don't see em on the road anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    Yeah, I would only get "good" comments from a 20 year old chick if I had my full-face helmet on, and my jacket on to hide the pooch.
                    Long time ago was showing my son that I could ride a wheelie on a mountain bike and a college girl that lived in apartment building across the street yelled at her friend....hey come look at this old man riding wheelie's......I was 30

Comment

..., and my jacket on to hide the pooch.
                      You carry your dog with you???

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

and my jacket on to hide the pooch.
                        Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        You carry your dog with you???

Makes sense to me... Women love dogs.

I'm pretty sure your odds of meeting a pretty lass are better walking a dog than blasting around on an old motorcycle.

That said I'd rather take the bike over the dog. And I love my dog.

Comment

I was blasting through traffic and got stopped at a long light when this guy on a CBR1000R pulls up next to me and says: "That is the fastest 750 that I have ever seen!"
                          I said "yes it is fast, I have done a lot of work to it."
                          I was on my bumped up 1000 bored to 1100 in the 750E frame and badging complete with sissy bar and luggage rack.

Daniel

Comment

Got the "What bike is that" several times now. My favorite was from some kid with a backwards hat in a Honda civic with more decals than horse power. ..

"WHAT KINDA BIKE ITS THAT?".... I replied, "Mine", just as the light went green and I opened the throttle.

Comment

Working...
                            X