Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With everyone posting video's today...

... and it being a nice toasty lower 50's today,
    I called up someone that is always ready to go for a ride, GSExpress, and it was a go!
    With the new Michelin Pilot 3's on the GSX1100G just barely scuffed in and ready to roll, we were off and running!

Waiting on most of them to download but here is the first short one in 720HD:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This time out, I mounted the camera over the tach so that my kilometers per hour appear to be about 10 less than shown.

To Be Continued.....
    Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2011, 10:29 PM.

Next:

After missing out on a few nice turns, the slow cars actually used the turn off lanes! YEAH!

After a little more of the white stuff, they will be opening soon.
    According to GSExpess' on board thermometer it was a toasty 43 degrees.

To Be Continued.....

Comment

After enjoying the ride on the West side of the valley, we ventured over to the warmer East side.
      I asked GSExpress to lead so that I could film him this time.
      Whatever you do, do not try to keep up with him no matter what he is riding!
      He makes everything look casual regardless of which bike he is on. Even on his old M109. (sparks flew off of it often.)
      He is definitely not a putter.

Next:

To Be Continued.....

Comment

Next:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

More to come.....

Comment

The ride back from having some fun....

Sometimes you have to take the slab to get to the good roads.

Near home, I have this little stretch that is 2/10th's of a mile from stopped to the power lines.
          In the stock '81 GS1000G I can hit 85 "going thru the traps" as it were.
          My '79 GS750E with the built 1100 in it can do 95.
          Let's see what a stock GSX1100G can do it in. I think that I came close to red-line in each gear but,
          it was difficult to even see the tach with the camera blocking the view ...

Back to those new Michelin Pilot Road 3's...
          Usually my chicken strips are closer to the edge on the front than the rear and I seem to favor right-hand turns even closer.
          On this bike, it appears to be about the same.
          After finding info on-line as to how much oil to put in the front forks when I rebuilt them.
          I put in the amount that I had found there and the front end hits hard and is a bit unstable.
          After getting then installed and torqued, the Factory manual that I got from Ebay says that they are SUPPOSED to take 200ml more oil than I put in and took out!
          Next ride, they will be full and see if it rides much better.
          Anyhow, after about 200 miles on these tires, here is what the strips look like.

Front:

Rear:

I hope that everyone else that could got out for a ride today.

It was SWEET!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            After enjoying the ride on the West side of the valley, we ventured over to the warmer East side.
            I asked GSExpress to lead so that I could film him this time.
            Whatever you do, do not try to keep up with him no matter what he is riding!
            He makes everything look casual regardless of which bike he is on. Even on his old M109. (sparks flew off of it often.)
            He is definitely not a putter.

Next:

To Be Continued.....
            Hey! I was takin' it easy. You can't video a bike that takes off and leaves you. It was hard work keeping him in my mirrors.

Comment

GSE, we can't all ride like we are on a race track!

Whoops.
              I forgot to share the two pic's that I took at the top of one of the hills at an over-look.

The road up on the East side...

P.S.:
              Any ideas as to good products to get that blueing off of those stock pipes?
              Or should I just paint them?

Daniel

Comment

Working...
              X