On summer rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On summer rides

Probably rode more this summer than I ever had,the gs I rode only to work for the most part(30 miles round trip)but did take it on a few longer rides,have another bike for long rides only cause saving the gs until I can give it some much needed attention!I snapped a lot of pics from rally's and scenic rides but didn't take any for what was a therapeutic ride and most memorable(solo)to home town.It was about 500 miles one way and I only know a few people who still live there.I didn't look any of them up I just went through and visted some parks and school that went to.Spent the night in cheap motel outside of town and next day did a little of the same ,ate at favorite pizza place and headed home(pizza was good but not like it used to be) .Still riding but it's getting to be winter and when I park the bike it will stay parked until spring unless really nice warm up,it happens.Anyway I was just thinking about riding this year and that ride to home town was kinda surreal haven't been there in a while.Can't wait till spring and do it all again knowing that months of nice summer weather are ahead.

I'm already dreaming of rides like you describe for next summer. I only got about 300 miles this summer as I spent a lot of the summer trying to get the bike running correctly and safely. Arrived at that point just in time for it to get cold.

But next summer...

Comment

Hope all goes well , you'll have some time if the winters where you live are like central Iowa

Comment

Probably a bit milder than your winters, but plenty to do cosmetically. Have a great winter planning next year's rides.

Comment

Working...
        X