A couple of pre GS photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of pre GS photos

Didn't know where else to post these. I'd like to see alot more like this. This is a place we used to hang out at as teenagers. Play pool, foosball, pinball, etc. Hard to make out the cars in the 2nd pic, but in the 1st is a '68 Camaro. That would have been a little before my time. Spent a lot of time here '72-'76. Dig the apes, sissy bar and no front fender on the Honda up front of the 2nd pic. It and the blue Sporty are in both pics.

Is one of your bike's in either pic?

Daniel

Comment

No, these are just a couple of pics from a Facebook page. Brings back a lot of memories, though. I probably spent hundreds in quarters playing foosball. Even though this isn't GS related, I'd like to see more of these.

Comment

Wow, very cool pictures! Can you see all those drum brakes? and the skinny tires and shocks? The picture looks to be late 60s, very early 70s maybe. Times sure were different back then.... Thanks for sharing - those pictures really capture the era well.
        Scott
        1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
        1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
        1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
        2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
        sigpic

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hey, Now i remember the no front femder kick. My 75 sporty was that way. STUPIDEST MOD I EVER MADE LOL LOL

Comment

haven't seen so many spoked wheels in a long time.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Tears of .....

These ads bought tears of joy to my eyes. Thanks for posting. Oh for the good old days.
                Mike
                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Really does bring back the memories, in Florida back then you could ride a bike with up to 5bhp with a restricted drivers license that you could get when you were 14. Every junior and high school had a parking lot filled with bikes. You got to see all kinds, Hondas, Yamaha's, Bridgstones, Suzuki's (Suzuki's were not as popular then), Kawasakis. Some of my favorite bikes were the Honda CB160, Honda 90 Super Sport, and Yamaha twin jet 100. There were also Hodaka's, Vespa and Lambretta scooters too. It was truly an amazing time. The bikes that were considered big were the Honda 305's and a Honda 450 was considered a very powerful bike. A Honda 175 was considered a fairly big bike. My how times have changed. A year or two later, the Honda CB750 came around, the Triumph Trident, and Kawasaki's Mach III 500.
                  sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I remember those times, 60's In Junior High A friend had a Mustang (The motorcycle not the car) He later got a 67 Bonnie in HS. I had a 59 Tri Thunderbird in HS until I crashed it...

Comment

I believe the Honda with the high bars is a CB160.
                      I always lusted after the Super 90. It was FAST! Well, for a 13 year old it was.
                      Remember the Bridgestones? They did not have a stop in their rotary shifter, so if you upshifted from 6th gear you were now in 1st gear. Can you say "BOOM!"?

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                        I believe the Honda with the high bars is a CB160.
                        I always lusted after the Super 90. It was FAST! Well, for a 13 year old it was.
                        Remember the Bridgestones? They did not have a stop in their rotary shifter, so if you upshifted from 6th gear you were now in 1st gear. Can you say "BOOM!"?
                        I do remember the Bridgestones, they were pretty damn good bikes, and fast too. I wanted a Honda 90 super sport too, ended up with a Honda 65 Super Sport, and I believe you're right on that being a CB160.
                        sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                        X