Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    Hakim,

Sorry for your bad luck. I hope you got some sleep and the wife wasn't to mad. Does sound like you need some carb and petcock work. Good luck.
    cg
    Thank you for your kind concern Chalie G, yeah.. i do need to rebuild the carb and new petcock. About my wife she's worried about me, poor her as she cooked for me that night plus she waited for me until i arrived home... Next in the morning, i whack all the foods she prepare for me... hehehehe....

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
    Welcome to the fold hakim, if you pm me with your e mail address I will e mail you instructions with pictures on how to fix your petcoc if it does not have a bad diaphram. Interesting story.
    V
    Thanks gustovh and at least spare me some time before i can buy new petcock, pm sent... cheers..

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
    Welcome, it's amazing to see your ability to overcome obstacles that are thrown at you like a landslide, I wish you all the best, I will monitor your post from now on, Don't take this wrong, but you make me laugh a little, sometimes a lot. I'm not laughing at your setbacks, but you have a humourous way of explaining everything. It's good to see you continue and not give up!! I'm surprised with all the parts you've bought already, one of them wasn't a petcock??
    Thanks old_skool , the petcock was unexpected to be faulty but now it is in my wish list plus carb rebuild kit. Im thinking just want to buy float needle but after give it a thought for the long run of my GS better i buy the carb rebuild kit. Maybe i can put Micheal Buble song "I wanna go home" in tips & tricks forum when our GS in trouble... Admin.., im just kidding... pls dont banned me...

Thank you in advance for giving me courage, support and help to rebuild my GS to its glory day... those of the day... If other members can do it why cant i do it...

This monday i will go to Ah Guan workshop to open up the cylinder head to check piston size so that i can buy the correct size of piston ring. Furthermore, i can replace the valve stem and check the valve clearance. My Bos had approved my leave for 5 day (Mon-Fri)
    Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Today after work I went to Ah Guan shop to confirm about our appointment on monday to open up my GS cylinder head to check piston size.., he said ok.., here some picture at his workshop..,

me and Ah Guan (left)

In his workshop, guy with no shirt is Ah Guan son ~ Murphy.

many motorcycle to be repair...

so many motorcycle to be repair...

so so many many... motorcycle to repair. So i understand why he take 1 year to repair my GS...
      Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2012, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Nice photos, keep them coming when you can, whay are you taking apart the motor to rebuild, engine problems?

Comment

Hakim,

This is truly a first for most of us to see pictures of a fellow GS'er and his mechanic from your country. Thanks for taking the time.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nice photos, keep them coming when you can, whay are you taking apart the motor to rebuild, engine problems?
            I have to open it up to check the piston size in order to purchase the piston ring hopefully the piston still in good shape . White smoke and black(above 7k rpm) came out from the exhaust plus within 1 week i had to top up engine oil about half liter

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            Hakim,

This is truly a first for most of us to see pictures of a fellow GS'er and his mechanic from your country. Thanks for taking the time.
            cg

Thank you for your time reading my journey with my GS, three goal i wanted to achive with my GS;
            1. Rebuild my GS to it best level of performance
            2. Ride my GS round the Peninsular Malaysia
            3. Convoy to Thailand ~ Karabi or Hat Yai
            After that, will keep my GS only for Weekend ride...

my daily routine with my GS ~ Mon - Sat

picture from my house..,

My GS in the ferry..,

This picture taken yesterday, usually going back from work after sun down and out for work before sun up...

Comment

Ok, i already opened up my engine and my piston still standard size so now have to purchase new piston & piston ring 0.5 here some picture;

lots of carbon... so taking this advantage engine open up by cleaning the top cylinder and replace valve oil seal.

Ah Guan & my friend helping me out to installed new valve oil seal as i already tired, back pain & pain all over my body.., now i know how hard is to become a mechanic. Ah Guan had open up the workshop for 30 years already and open up his business from 12noon till 2am-3am. Those of the day before he doing this business he was a superbike rider.

Everything i do it myself with Ah Guan guidance. Start open up the engine from 1pm and finish put back everything at 11pm. Final check everything look good so i went back home but story never ended for me. 5km to reach my destination, suddently my bike seem to loss of power at the highway. Pull up the throttle, power loss and speed slowing down. Drop to 5th gear and pull more throttle more power loss.. WTF... and suddenly engine stop lucky i immediately pull the clutch as i was at 70kmh... This already 3rd time and it already 12.30am. Fuel check-ok, vacuum & fuel hose check-ok, push the start button cannot start until my battery dry out of power. Kick start and pull the chock until my leg cramp still cannot start. Sing the micheal buble song "I wanna go home" also still cannot start .
              Ok. i have no choice but to push my GS and came one good samaritan stop by and offer help to push my GS to near petrol station with his motorcycle. I feel a bit shame as 100cc motorcycle pushing up 550cc . So i reach at petrol station and as the good samaritan wanted to leaved i called him back and give him some tips. I call my wife to fetch me up and know what... as my wife arrived i gave one last try to start the engine. 5 kick start and suddently the engine alive... aaaarrrrhhhhh.... . I said to my wife "maybe this GS scare out of you as i already spent lots of $$$ on it and dont want me/GS to get scolded." This morning i check again, my GS start with no problem. I off the engine and start it again cannot start. I check the battery it is at 9v, i took out the battery and charge it put it back the engine can start. Check the charging voltage it is at 12.4v - 12.8v flactuate and i think the R/R got problem. Anyway tomorrow will go to meet Ah Guan... AGAIN. Hope that he's not feel boring to see my face... AGAIN...

Comment

The stator needs checked, and the RR needs re-wired and probably replaced, wire the RR directly to the stator, and pos to a new good ignition pos and ground directly to the battery. Your charging system isn't doing it's job with those readings, but use the info in Basscliffs website link to test your stator.

Comment

Good morning Hakim (it's morning here in the US),
                  Welcome to the wonderful world of GS motorcycles and our realltygreat forum! I've been in your city once, back in 1983, I was on a US Navy ship moored at your Navy base for a few days. We weren't allowed to visit Kuala Lumpur though, the Captain was afraid some of our crew would get in trouble with gambling there. Your country is beautiful. Some Mayasian sailors took me in their car all over, almost to the Thai border. They wanted to take me into Thailand but I didn't have a passport (not needed for the country being visited while there on a US Navy ship). So we didn't go, but I did get to visit the mountains and hills and all the sailor's relatives.
                  Your bike is looking good, and your mechanic really has too much work, so that must mean he's a good mechanic.

Comment

The stator needs checked, and the RR needs re-wired and probably replaced, wire the RR directly to the stator, and pos to a new good ignition pos and ground directly to the battery. Your charging system isn't doing it's job with those readings, but use the info in Basscliffs website link to test your stator.
                    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
                    Yes old_skool, you are right even my mechanic got a headache when he see the wiring. Need to change the RR and do the wiring work...

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                      Good morning Hakim (it's morning here in the US),
                      Welcome to the wonderful world of GS motorcycles and our realltygreat forum! I've been in your city once, back in 1983, I was on a US Navy ship moored at your Navy base for a few days. We weren't allowed to visit Kuala Lumpur though, the Captain was afraid some of our crew would get in trouble with gambling there. Your country is beautiful. Some Mayasian sailors took me in their car all over, almost to the Thai border. They wanted to take me into Thailand but I didn't have a passport (not needed for the country being visited while there on a US Navy ship). So we didn't go, but I did get to visit the mountains and hills and all the sailor's relatives.
                      Your bike is looking good, and your mechanic really has too much work, so that must mean he's a good mechanic.
                      Thanks DanTheMan, nice to meet you . Yes he is a god mechanic and always giving me advised and teach me what to do. Anyway, if you have time... please come and visit Malaysia again.

Comment

Great thread! Subscribed. Great looking bike.
                        Keep us updated with progress ... and thanx for the insight of GS life Malaaysia.
                        (I f'n want one of these 550's!)
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2012, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                          Great thread! Subscribed. Great looking bike.
                          Keep us updated with progress ... and thanx for the insight of GS life Malaaysia.
                          (I f'n want one of these 550's!)
                          Thank for the support ptexotik will continue update...

Comment

update repair on my GS, check on the RR and confirm its faulty...

Dont know how on the earth water inside the RR. Hhmmm.. maybe because i sing Micheal Buble song make it cry...

New RR from Modenas~Jaguh 175cc 4 point wire and now healty charging my GS 13.4v - 14.2v @ 4000rpm & above . Ground wire connected directly to negetive battery. Thanks for the advise my GS bro...

Comment

Ok... today update servicing my clutch, oil pan and welding chasis. Here some picture...

Its me... opened up the oil pan..,

My GS 34 years treasure... hmmm yummy...

Oil window covered with 34 years oil sludge...

Ah Guan son ~ Murphy helping to clean up the clutch... still in good condition but will standby new set just in case..,

To my shock, this what i had found out under the engine..,

welding the rust part and reinforce the chasis, this only temporary measure as later on when i get my new piston, i will strip naked my GS. Thanks to Ah Guan for letting me use his place and tool and advised me what to do... he even scolded me when i do some stupid mistake... my bad... hehehehe...
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Your doing a lot at quite a fast pace actually, you'll have a new bike before you know it, and a very understanding wifey!! Your going to owe her

Comment

Working...
                                X