No announcement yet.

I went down Wednesday night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four days after the crash, and the two things that are hurting me the most are my ribs and teeth. Though I only bruised my ribs, I have a new appreciation of anyone who ever broke a rib. Reaching my left arm above my head, or coughing hurts like hell, and these aren't even broken. Wow, I am glad they aren't broken. I wouldn't want to imagine that pain. I went to the dentist about my teeth. I chipped a couple of them, and no serious damage. The dentist told me I probably stretched the ligaments attached to my teeth. That pain would go away on its own over time. It hurts to chew so I have been eating alot of soft food.

I am a very lucky man. My injuries are minor. ATGATT. My helmet saved my life, the rest of the gear saved me from serious injury. I wasn't even wearing top of the line stuff. I wore Exelement gear I bought from Leatherup.com. It did it's job. Everytime I see a friend of mine riding without a helmet, I will remind him that I am a walking example of gear working.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
      I glad to hear you were wearing your gear and made it through with a minimum of injury. Cheers! I am puzzled though. Locking up the rear wheel will not by itself cause the bike to go down. As long as one wheel is spinning, the gyroscopic effect is sufficient to remain upright. Hmmmmm

I am making assumptions about what happened. I truely have no memory of the accident - a complete blank spot in my memory. The last think I remember was pulling from the shoulder back to the road thinking I could make it the rest of the way home (so stupid on my part). I should have known better. I have a pick up, multiple friends with trailors. It would have been no problem to stop call someone to pick me up, and have the bike trailored to my house. A really dumb decision on my part to try to "ride on" when my bike was literally telling me it was unsafe to ride on. and I was only a few miles from home. I just found out today where my bike was towed. I still haven't seeen it yet. I assume it's totaled.

Comment

I'm glad you're recuperating Toe. We can wait for the dirt - first thing's first take care of yourself and get well!
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident. Get well soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
            Good morning toejams1.

You look alive and well If a bit colorful.

Take care,

DP
            And all of that color, was with a helmet on!
            You wouldn't be here at all if you hadn't been wearing one. That is for sure.

Eric

Comment

It seems like the rear tire locked up and came around on you, causing a high side. Im glad youre okay, flying and landing on your face is never good.

Comment

Sorry for your prang, hope you feel better soon.
                sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post
                  I am making assumptions about what happened. I truely have no memory of the accident - a complete blank spot in my memory. The last think I remember was pulling from the shoulder back to the road thinking I could make it the rest of the way home (so stupid on my part). I should have known better. I have a pick up, multiple friends with trailors. It would have been no problem to stop call someone to pick me up, and have the bike trailored to my house. A really dumb decision on my part to try to "ride on" when my bike was literally telling me it was unsafe to ride on. and I was only a few miles from home. I just found out today where my bike was towed. I still haven't seeen it yet. I assume it's totaled.
                  Whatever the cause, it appears to have been instantaneous.
                  Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

A loss of power combined with an increase of engine noise is sign of an engine lock-up about to happen. But who's to say you think about this knowledge at the right moment.

But glad you're ok!

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      And all of that color, was with a helmet on!
                      You wouldn't be here at all if you hadn't been wearing one. That is for sure.

Eric
                      Yes. I have no doubt at all that I am not alive today if I'm not wearing that helmet. No doubt at all.

Comment

Give it a couple of more days and you will probably see more/different colors too.
                        Yes, I have had more than my fair share of bad boo boo's in my lifetime.

Eric

Comment

Glad things weren't worse! I haven't paid my "dues" on a street bike yet, when I joined this forum purely for technical stuff and found all the past threads of people who have gone down, some who have died, I upgraded my gear. Really sinks in when you read these things. Not sure when I'll go down, but I'll be ready, that's for sure.

Comment

Sorry to read of this but happy that you are relatively well. Another great advert for ATGATT and as others have said, you might not have been here today were it not for that lid. I'd cherish that bucket and give it a special place of prominence in your man cave.

I guess, like you we are all wondering what happened to the bike, obviously a write off but the cause?

Well I imagine, in the spirit of teaching, you will let us know when you find out.

Rest up, heal up and get back in the saddle as soon as you can.

Cheers,
                            Spyug

Comment

Maybe you used aftermarket gaskets, instead of genuine Suzuki products?

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post

I am a very lucky man. My injuries are minor. ATGATT. My helmet saved my life, the rest of the gear saved me from serious injury. I wasn't even wearing top of the line stuff. I wore Exelement gear I bought from Leatherup.com. It did it's job. Everytime I see a friend of mine riding without a helmet, I will remind him that I am a walking example of gear working.

WOW!!!! And I like to ride a 1/2mile to the gas station sans gear.... NEVER AGAIN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X