No announcement yet.

Inspirational!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....or maybe she's been on the forum for a long time and we just don't know.

I mean, has anyone every really seen TKent?

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
      ....or maybe she's been on the forum for a long time and we just don't know.

I mean, has anyone every really seen TKent?
      I have seen and met Tkent. He provided a replacement stator for me on my CA road trip in 2010.

Comment

Wow! Great story. Nancy really should be on here if she isn't already. I have ridden a few times with Debbie, who used to be on here (though I haven't seen her in a long time). Debbie is cut from this same type of cloth. I was only able to get my wife on a bike once and that was about 30 years ago, though she did sit on one while it was in the garage.
        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
        GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

She needs to join the forum!
          I sent her a link to this thread and told her she needs to join. She is even thinking about looking for an 86 gsxr!
          No signature :(

Comment

Trust me, she's prettier than Tkent02
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the flattering comments, Trevor!

Although I still have the two Hayabusas, I have sold the Kat to a very excited couple who live about 12 hours north of Brisbane, Australia. Like they are expecting a baby! And it is going to a good home. I picked up the 08 Hayabusa this spring and it's terrific. All I did was order a Corbin seat--it's about 1.5" lower. I had a Corbin seat custom fit to me in 2000 for the 2000 Busa. We were visiting Hollister, CA and had it made while I waited, so it's lower still. Love the Yosh pipe on the 08, so I've got one for the 00 and an updated undertail, so that's my winter project. The HMF high exits are cool looking but NOISY. I even repacked the mufflers but it didn't help. I had a Yosh pipe on my 1976 (first) GS750 (see Trevor's earlier post). It eventually became a Yosh 850 and had lots of goodies on it, like a custom swing arm and magnesium rims. I painted it myself. I sold it in 82 when I bought my first Kat1100. Always wondered what became of it, so if you know of this bike, let me know! It had forks off a 78 or 79 for the dual discs.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-06-2012, 03:57 PM. Reason: just realized trevor posted the pic

Comment

Welcome to this place.
                No go outrun Trevor.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

She needs to join the forum!
                  Just joined today. Only question, how do you upload pix to the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by HayabusaLady View Post
                    Welcome to the forum, Nancy. There is quite a collective of BC riders here now.

There are a number of ways to do it (post images). One of the most-used is to create an account in something like Photobucket, and then post the image information to your posts that way. You can also create personal albums in your User CP at the top of the Forum window. I'm sure you have already seen the little photo icon at the top of the message box, but it's odd in that it will only link to a URL rather than posting an image directly into the message.

Supposedly you can copy and paste images directly into messages, and I've seen plenty of pictures where the poster says they have done that; personally I've not been able to do that in the last number of months.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you.

As far as pictures:

- www.photobucket.com
                      - Create an account
                      - Upload your picture
                      - Under each picture is an "image code"
                      - copy and paste that code into the text in your post

EEEEasy.

Comment

Well Nancy, glad you joined. Photobucket is your friend.
                        No signature :(

Comment

Although I still have the two Hayabusas, I have sold the Kat to a very excited couple who live about 12 hours north of Brisbane, Australia. Like they are expecting a baby! And it is going to a good home. I picked up the 08 Hayabusa this spring and it's terrific. All I did was order a Corbin seat--it's about 1.5" lower. I had a Corbin seat custom fit to me in 2000 for the 2000 Busa. We were visiting Hollister, CA and had it made while I waited, so it's lower still. Love the Yosh pipe on the 08, so I've got one for the 00 and an updated undertail, so that's my winter project. The HMF high exits are cool looking but NOISY. I even repacked the mufflers but it didn't help. I had a Yosh pipe on my 1976 (first) GS750 (see Trevor's earlier post). It eventually became a Yosh 850 and had lots of goodies on it, like a custom swing arm and magnesium rims. I painted it myself. I sold it in 82 when I bought my first Kat1100. Always wondered what became of it, so if you know of this bike, let me know! It had forks off a 78 or 79 for the dual discs.
                          Welcome to the forum Nancy! I'm a bit of a Kat fan myself although I haven't gone down the path of ownership just yet... I'm contemplating an early 81 or 82 750 as my first foray into Kats.

Your Kat is headed 12 hours north of me... very interesting! Let them know about the Katana Australia forum too (members.suzuki-katana.net) as the guys here are quite active and we will be having a combined GS Resources and Katana forum run on the 18th November.
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I am so inspired by you! Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X