• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going a litte fast there eh buddy?

Dumbass and or death wish?

sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

I hope he gets prison time instead of a fine and community service for that crap.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Dumbass and or death wish?
      Probably some of both, or maybe not. Having drugs in his pocket probably influenced his decision to elude them, the article didn't say how fast he was going before they started chasing him. Hard to say without being there.

The cops chasing him are the dumbasses, willing to kill someone to catch a stupid rider....

I thought we were past that.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

How about both.. He's not going to be on the road for a few years !!! A year or two in jail, 5 year license suspension ? Better buy a bus pass

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Probably some of both, or maybe not. Having drugs in his pocket probably influenced his decision to elude them, the article didn't say how fast he was going before they started chasing him. Hard to say without being there.

The cops chasing him are the dumbasses, willing to kill someone to catch a stupid rider....

I thought we were past that.
          Good thinking, give the SOB a free pass and another chance to kill someone again because stopping him could be dangerous. They don't learn. Let them go and all that insures is that they will continue the shyte.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            Good thinking, give the SOB a free pass and another chance to kill someone again because stopping him could be dangerous. They don't learn. Let them go and all that insures is that they will continue the shyte.

Again, was he going 38 in a 35 zone beforehand or 135?
            It's hard to say without being there but chasing bikes (or cars) on public roads in police cars is a bad idea.
            If he's a bank robber sure, if he's going ludicrous speed knock him down but the chasing endangers everyone. Once they get a picture of his plate, no need to risk killing some bystander to catch him on the spot other than for the cop to get brownie points and blow up his ego a little more.

Comment

It's hard to say without being there but chasing bikes (or cars) on public roads in police cars is a bad idea.
              Agreed, the cops should leave their lights and sirens off and quietly slide up behind them and shoot their asses off the road.

Comment

Update: He was booked at 5:13pm charged with 22 counts and bonded out at 10:15 pm, $5,000 cash bond. What the hell was the judge thinking??? And who had $5,000 for this stink bag.

There wasn't anything about 135mph, just 100+ mostly along Hiway 70 where he hit 120. They weren't able to initially clocked him at first, the speed limit is 35 ( he was observed at a high rate of speed, when they tried to stop him that is when he really rabbited). They patrol that area pretty heavy in the mornings because of several fatal accidents over the last few months, matter of fact there was a fatal accident there yesterday, two killed. Once he got into the residential areas they suspended the chase until they picked him up again on a open peace of road. I'm very familiar with the area lots of twisties and blind corners and hills. Speed limit those areas is 25, 15 in school zones. As far as I'm concerned the cops did a good job on this one.
                Last edited by mrbill5491; 11-02-2012, 07:48 PM.
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Update: He was arrested at 4:13 am charged with 22 counts and bonded out at 10:15 am, $5,000 cash bond. What the hell was the judge thinking???
                  Probably that he was going 38 in a 35 zone until the stupid cop screwed up and endangered too many people.
                  Last edited by tkent02; 11-03-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Update: He was arrested at 4:13 am charged with 22 counts and bonded out at 10:15 am, $5,000 cash bond. What the hell was the judge thinking???
                    He had no license or registration/tags and never appeared for previous summons. It beats hell out of me why he would have been bonded out at all. All he is going to do is take off and do more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      He had no license or registration/tags and never appeared for previous summons. It beats hell out of me why he would have been bonded out at all. All he is going to do is take off and do more of the same.
                      Or high tail it to Mexico, it is only 40 miles to the south.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Probably that he was going 38 in a 35 zone until the stupid cop screwed up and tried to kill too many people.
                        Not sure what to say to that kent, so I won't.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

It's fortunate no one got hurt and he didn't end up dead at high speeds in town. Sounds like with previous warrants, record and getting bail so easy he will be back doing same in future. By tomorrows update the Lcsun-news will have him doing 140 mph in school zones.

Comment

Reasons that cycle pursuits are treated lightly.

a.)they aren't carrying large quantities of drugs
                            b.)they will only hurt themselves(most of the time)
                            c.)they almost Always dump the bike, even after squads are called off.
                            d.)usually the "reason" they ran, turns out to be a petty offense

Honestly, it's small fries when compared to other police calls.
                            it's better to call the boys off, and let a chopper take over, and wait for the Crash calls to come in.
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
                              Reasons that cycle pursuits are treated lightly.

a.)they aren't carrying large quantities of drugs
                              b.)they will only hurt themselves(most of the time)
                              c.)they almost Always dump the bike, even after squads are called off.
                              d.)usually the "reason" they ran, turns out to be a petty offense

Honestly, it's small fries when compared to other police calls.
                              it's better to call the boys off, and let a chopper take over, and wait for the Crash calls to come in.
                              No police choppers here, sometimes they call the Border Patrol at times for search that is if they are available, which most times they aren't.
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
                              X