(NSFL) go/pro Motorcycle over a Cliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(NSFL) go/pro Motorcycle over a Cliff

(NSFL): I feel for this guy even though he was racing around like a tool...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Look what happens when you smash on roads you don't know that well. Oh shit! DITCH. Ahh cliff! Snapped frame :/

Thats a pretty good still shot at 1:38 with the bike flying through the air...
    Last edited by bonanzadave; 11-29-2012, 11:08 PM.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Darwin award winner in training.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Hmmm, guess no one saw him go down, you can hear a bunch of bikes go by...
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUp8hIT_G10

Thats a pretty good still shot at 1:38 with the bike flying through the air...
          He is damn lucky the bike didn't center punch his nuts.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Deserved what he got.
            NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
            Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Ya, not the brightest move. Now I'm not a racer or nothing but when stuff like that starts to happen aren't you supposed to try and lean into it, throttle off if you can and NOT lean the bike up?? oh well, hope he learned something.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

The rider was in way over his head. Probably showing off for his camera. I'm surprised he was geared up.
                NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

The invincibility those that have not crashed was erased from his brain instantly with that crash. Lets see him get back on another bike and do the same.

My brother in law was the same as this guy, no experience, no gear and wide open on a 1000 all the time. He laughed at me for showing up for a ride in the hot summer with all my gear.
                  A few weeks after he falls of his kids bicycle and skins his elbow and knee, a few days later his buddy wheelies over at a good speed in shorts, helmet and gloves. He was getting the rocks out of his back when my bro shows up. 5 months later he is still getting skin grafts and fighting infection from the crap inside his skin, he didn't even break a bone!

Needless to say my brother in law is too scared to ride his bike now, thank god he didn't have to go through this because it was in the cards..

Comment

That Dude was one lucky MOFO, All it takes is one or two serious get offs like that one and he'll remember not to disengage the grey matter when climbing on that scoot. Hopefully

Experience is such a great teacher, it's amazing how you don't really value the lesson unless it costs you something.

Comment

Over a cliff

Experience isn't a great teacher, experience is how one gains wisdom. PAIN!!! is mother nature's great teacher. It's what I tell my kids. From the looks of that crash, that guy will have to endure enough of that to have taught him someting.
                      1981 GS750L (sold)
                      1981 GS750L (current)
                      1978 Yamaha RD400 (RD = Race Development)
                      1981 Honda CT70 (86+ MPG at WOT most of the time)
                      1983 GS1100GL (needs work: update, gone to a new home)
                      1956 Simplex (with a TS250 motor)
                      1985 GS1150E (Hammer Time!!)
                      1998 1200 Bandit (Rattler)
                      1980 GS1100L (Janice)
                      Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
                      e tan, e epi tan

Comment

There is no substitute for useing ones brain in riding.

That said, there have been times on my 919 that I found myself .....uh...um...carying a
                        bit much speed into a corner on occasion. You just do not notice how fast you are going, you can go from 20 to 80 in just a few seconds.

I enjoy those rides, you are one with the machine, I start slow and find myself riding with musle memory....the fellow in the video....was not.

Those rides are few and I ride at the back of the pack.
                        V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

That was one very effed up corner. Can't even tell what did he wrong and can't be bothered guessing other than he probably freaked out and just gave up riding his motorcycle in mid corner. Should've waited until he finished the corner before he gave up.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

The bike was capable, he was not..

Comment

The funny thing about this video is he's somewhat close to me and the video got posted on our local board. One of the mods happened to be the investigating officer for his crash LOL busted.
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X