No announcement yet.

Tragedy, Family and a GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that story, you have wonderful memories of your Father in law and are part of a great family.

Congratulations!

Comment

Thank you

thank all of you for reading my little story. I think the memories are somehow more real to me when I share them, so thank you for letting me do so.

I suppose, as has been pointed out, it is even more important now for me to focus on new memories, and the new life I am starting with my wife. When she starts riding I'm sure there will be many stories.
      I'm not sure what will become of the bike my father-in-law and I were doing up together. I'm not sure if I can do it without him. I'm not sure my wife will want to ride it without him. If I can, I may restore that bike and keep it as a reminder of a man who took great pleasure in the simplest of what life could offer, like a cool draft of dark beer, having something to wrench and hammer on or a really clever gear changing mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by BentRod View Post
        I'm not sure what will become of the bike my father-in-law and I were doing up together. I'm not sure if I can do it without him. I'm not sure my wife will want to ride it without him. If I can, I may restore that bike and keep it as a reminder of a man who took great pleasure in the simplest of what life could offer, like a cool draft of dark beer, having something to wrench and hammer on or a really clever gear changing mechanism.
        That is right, you can't do it without him. But with every step, you will feel his presence. He will be there, in you.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Time to raise our glasses and toast all those excellent father-in-laws out there.

Comment

Thank you for sharing that.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed all but the end of your story.

Funny how so many memories can be wrapped up in a machine....It is hard for me to not think of my dad when I think about or see a GS1000, and vice-versa.

He was a victim of a heart attack as well...but, I am also choosing to go on with the happy memories.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X